WARERCOOLING NEW CARD

Associate
just bought an rx480 nitro OC , deffinitly going to watercool it. as for the tubing I want to do custom bent acrylic tubing. is 12/16mm the best to use?

also can anyone point me to a good tutorial to watch?

EDIT: just found a tutorial and now I'm gonna use PETG tubing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Neither is technically 'better' by any worthwhile margin but mostly people go bigger in a big case and smaller in a small one. I've got 16mm PETG at the moment and its really nice to work with. The main things to concern yourself with are:

1. Don't mix your imperial and metric fixtures and fittings/tube - 16mm OD is not the same as 5/8" and could leak. Best results stick to the same brand as the tube
2. The insert for bending is critical, too lose the bends with suck and you'll get frustrated so a nice fitting insert is key. If you can't seem to find many the Monsoon is labelled as 13mm (not 12mm like your ID) and fits well
3. Olive oil makes a great lube for the bending insert and generally washes out well so makes life easier and stops the insert getting stuck or breaking

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Neither is technically 'better' by any worthwhile margin but mostly people go bigger in a big case and smaller in a small one. I've got 16mm PETG at the moment and its really nice to work with. The main things to concern yourself with are:

1. Don't mix your imperial and metric fixtures and fittings/tube - 16mm OD is not the same as 5/8" and could leak. Best results stick to the same brand as the tube
2. The insert for bending is critical, too lose the bends with suck and you'll get frustrated so a nice fitting insert is key. If you can't seem to find many the Monsoon is labelled as 13mm (not 12mm like your ID) and fits well
3. Olive oil makes a great lube for the bending insert and generally washes out well so makes life easier and stops the insert getting stuck or breaking

just after making this thread I found a tutorial I had forgot about on youtube (I tend to post before doing a little research), it had some similar points to what you said. using a 13mm insert for a 12mm tube sounds about right, to prevent creases .

Back
Top Bottom