EK-Duraclear Tubing

Man of Honour
According to the press releases it's a brand new product that has been developed over the past two years. Like most tubing though it's not cheap. After trying the excellent Mayhems 16/10mm tubing I will never use anything else. The Mayhems range is so much cheaper than the rest.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
According to the press releases it's a brand new product that has been developed over the past two years. Like most tubing though it's not cheap. After trying the excellent Mayhems 16/10mm tubing I will never use anything else. The Mayhems range is so much cheaper than the rest.

Ohh interesting,might order some and give it a try :p

Yea mayhems tubing is a lot cheaper,alas im using 16/11 fittings and mayhems dont sell 16/11 tubing.

Associate
I'm using Mayhems at the moment after using Primochill previously but this looks interesting an I may give it a shot next time around.

I'll be buying the 3M boxed SKU though https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ek-water-blocks-ek-duraclear-tubing-16-11-clear-3m-wc-9db-ek.html as the last 2 times I got tubing by the metre from OC I had problems. The first time whoever picked it decided it was a good idea to tie a knot in it so that wasted a bit and the other time I was sent the wrong size.

Associate
Ohh interesting,might order some and give it a try :p

Yea mayhems tubing is a lot cheaper,alas im using 16/11 fittings and mayhems dont sell 16/11 tubing.

I'm also using Mayhem 16/10 and on 16/11 fittings. Its a tad tight but works fine. (Monsoon fittings BTW)

I thought about using the Primochill stuff and this new EK stuff but as my twin loop used nearly 9 1/2 metres then the costs pushed me to Mayhems. Luckily the Mayhems tube is great!

£6 a metre is hard to justify IMHO

Man of Honour
That was why I switched to Mayhems. As I was using 5m+ a time it was very expensive replacing other brands. I also have 16/11mm fittings with the Mayhems 16/10mm tubing. Multiple brands of fittings too and while some are a tad tight others fit perfectly. These are brilliant with the Mayhems tubing but unfortunately the price has shot up now.

Associate
I haven't tried the mayhems tube can anyone say how well it fits over ek fittings I usually use primochill tubing which is a sod to use with ek fittings

Associate
I haven't tried the mayhems tube can anyone say how well it fits over ek fittings I usually use primochill tubing which is a sod to use with ek fittings

What size EK fittings ?

I use EK 10/16 fittings and they are fine with Mayhems 10/16 tubing.

I used Primochill previously but that was 10/13 tubing and 10/13 EK fittings.

Associate
I get a little confused with the fitting sizes bought a load of 7/16 fittings with matching primochill tube I could force the tube over the fitting but not screw the seal on to it so I got the monsoon fittings and they worked a treat

Associate
7/16" is the same as 16/11mm. I have no problems at all using my 16/10mm Mayhems tubing on my 7/16" compression fittings. They are a tad tight to do up (depending on brand) but I would rather they are tight than loose.

I use the bog standard 13mm barbs. 7/16, 11 ish mm is already a stretch to get on, but seals nicely without the need for clamps etc. Does the 10/16, easily stretch, enough to get over 13mm barbs ?

Soldato
Mayhems 10/16 is great, their 10/13 is a bit too flexible so kinks really easily, for this reason alone I'd pick Primochill if I was still using 10/13 fittings.

As above, I own both tubings for 10/13.

Mayhems 10/13 is really flexible, but with a relative worse minimum bending radius whereas EK is REALLY stiff but with much better bending profile.

Man of Honour
I use the bog standard 13mm barbs. 7/16, 11 ish mm is already a stretch to get on, but seals nicely without the need for clamps etc. Does the 10/16, easily stretch, enough to get over 13mm barbs ?

I have got a couple of places such as at the ends of my 12mm copper pipe which terminate with 1/2" barbs and the Mayhems 16/10mm tubing does go over them but you really need to dip the tubing in hot water to soften it first. It will go on without doing that but it's a hell of a struggle.

Associate
I have got a couple of places such as at the ends of my 12mm copper pipe which terminate with 1/2" barbs and the Mayhems 16/10mm tubing does go over them but you really need to dip the tubing in hot water to soften it first. It will go on without doing that but it's a hell of a struggle.

Thanks for that.

I may as well just stump up the extra for primochill LRT for the internals and mayhems 13/19mm for the run to the external rad.
Just a shame that mayhems dont do 7/16 tube.

Back
Top Bottom