8pack Supernova - build log!

Associate
Hi guys!

Just gonna leave this little picture here for now..

uERHxtH.jpg

:D

For those of you who just want to see the finished build, click the image below for the last update:

Wf55fIc.jpg

Last edited:
Associate

Now we're talking. Definitely subbing for this. Got a question on the existing Supernova though- how come you went all parallel flow with the 3 Titan Blacks? I can't see what you got in terms on pump power for that loop.

Associate
OP

Got a question on the existing Supernova though- how come you went all parallel flow with the 3 Titan Blacks? I can't see what you got in terms on pump power for that loop.

Better temps & aesthetics. The blocks are all the same so the flow through each block is the same, there's also hardly any restriction in the loop so the pumps can be undervolted a fair amount.

We usually use D5s in this build, but we're trying to get the best out of the Aquaero this time, so we're using PWM DDC pumps with EK housings. Each rad will have it's own channel on the Aquaero, so will each pump. There will also be temperature sensors and flow meters in each loop for 100% monitoring and automatic control of the system.

Associate
Better temps & aesthetics. The blocks are all the same so the flow through each block is the same, there's also hardly any restriction in the loop so the pumps can be undervolted a fair amount.

We usually use D5s in this build, but we're trying to get the best out of the Aquaero this time, so we're using PWM DDC pumps with EK housings. Each rad will have it's own channel on the Aquaero, so will each pump. There will also be temperature sensors and flow meters in each loop for 100% monitoring and automatic control of the system.

Good thing you are going with the DDC PWM, the default Aquaero PCB doesn't have enough PWM pullup to support the D5 PWM without a small mod needed. Ditto with Corsair's non-standard PWM implementation of the SP120s, no more than 5-6 can be handled per channel on the Aquaero although newer units have this fixed.

Them PWM DDCs should be great for the parallel flow, agreed with the aesthetics part. Sounds great so far, looking forward to it.

Associate
I find this sort of build fascinating. I've put together two bog standard PCs - no bells or whistles and it was fine, but this is something completely different and looks a lot harder.

I find water cooling on it's own an intimidating prospect.

Out of interest, what antistatic measures do you guys use when doing a build? Just a wrist band or a antistatic matt?

Back
Top Bottom