Portable laptop for playing old games - what should I look for?

Associate
Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap and portable (ideally >12",13" at most) laptop for playing games while travelling. I only really play older games, like Transport Tycoon, Zeus, old Maxis games like Theme Hospital, Sim Tower etc. I play a couple of relatively basic games too like Papers, Please.

I also like to play Kerbal, but I have a desktop so I don't need my laptop to run that (although it would be amazing if it could!).

I'm looking to spend as little as possible, under £450 but lower is better. I've found that budget laptops tend to be 15", but there are a couple of refurbished ones that look OK to me such as ASUS X102B Notebook, or the YOGA 300 11.

Could anyone give me an indication of what I should be looking for in terms of graphics card, CPU etc, to meet the needs of old games without paying for higher spec than I actually need?

Many thanks!

Associate
OP
Thanks very much, the x220 looks pretty good, surprised I haven't found it before now!

There's a refurbished one on eBay, i5 with 8gb ram, think I might just go for that. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom