GS30 Mod journey begins!

Associate
Makes no sense - I played Doom 2016, at Ultra settings, 4K resolution - and the cpu went to 85 deg tops - that goes to say there was something not right, as I uninstalled some software that wasnt functional, MSI software, like the dragon gaming center and some other stuff.

Erm so where's the switch for low med high? :)

Associate
basically I was after the fan control when installing various msi software- sorry I'm just getting started on this lovely rig - where is the switch located?

I installed the GTX 1060 myself but didn't notice a switch inside the box.

However I can set it to low, as the 1060 stays really cool - it reached a maximum of 76 degrees at 4K ultra settings just now.

Associate
Found the trouble: stupid bullguard antivirus.

Yesterday I started a copy of 3.9GB to a usb flash drive - windows server 2012 iso from MS website - and the cpu went 100%, copy froze at 96% showing 0KB/sec copy speed.

Stopped the stupid antivirus, ran the Intel Burn test at very high load - 4GB - got temperatures 88-92 degrees.

Associate
Make sure you are booting in UEFI + CSM as I don't think the 6xx series support pure UEFI booting.

Hi Hi !

Also , why in UEFI + CSM the screen of the laptop turns on. And in pure UEFI only the outputs of the graphics card works and the laptop screen is ON with black screen.

Associate
Ok, You think if i flash the modified bios on post page 4 i can enable the UEFI and turn on the output video on graphic card and the 13" on the laptop ?

anyway where are you find the "modded BIOS" ?

Back
Top Bottom