The last game you completed, and rating.

Permabanned
Dishonored 10/10
Somehow missed the original when it first came out and only the recent announcement of a sequel drew my attention. Loved the story, the graphical style and environment but it was the level design that really made the game which was really very clever.

It made what is essentially a quite linear game feel almost open world.

This has been sat in my Steam account untouched for years I must get on and try it before the next one releases.

Soldato
I think the real strength of the game is how it allows you to decide how deep you want to get in to it. You could easily run through killing everything, talking to nobody, not listening to conversations etc, but if you do you get so much more out of it
Definitely. Reminds me I forgot to mention how much lore there is to the whole Dishonored universe, largely told through the fairly abundant books lying around. It's not quite Elder Scrolls here, but it's pretty amazing for an FPS and it's all very well thought out, with interesting locations, communities, history and everything. Those that actually took the time out to read most of it will definitely have gotten *way* more story, sense of place and just general context to everything going on.

Soldato
Rimworld (still in Alpha), I did a "randy random" game where the story teller throws random events at you rather than a progression style game and it was pretty fantastic fun. One of the best, most entertaining games I've played in recent years. Only a few of my colonists made it off world, but I consider that a victory anyway!

9/10 from me.

Soldato
Never Alone - 8/10

A lovely Limbo-like platformer about an inuit girl and an arctic fox. A bit less puzzly than Limbo - you won't die much. The story is taken from a traditional inuit tale, apparently.

It's interspersed with optional (but they're great, so watch them) short films about inuit life.

It's short (I clocked 3.2 hours, but there is an included expansion story - don't know how long that is), but I really enjoyed it.

Similar titles:
Limbo, Spate, Ori & the Blind Forest

Soldato
Why only 8?

I give it a 7. I liked the story and the art but gameplay and puzzles were weak, particularly for a platformer. The price was also too high for 3 hours of game time. To get 10 from me, a platformer has to trade blows with Abe's Oddysee. It offered 15 hours of solid gameplay, various mechanics, great art, social commentaries etc etc..

Last edited:
Soldato
Uncharted 4 9/10
Negatives for me was there was a bit too much climbing and sometimes a little fiddly, but very minor problem. Frame rate in some places were a bit ropey the game crashed on me once which ive never had happen on a console game before.
Positives everything else, story, graphics gameplay.

Back
Top Bottom