*** Official Dota 2 Thread ***

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Second game went how I thought it would, Wings had better draft.

Third game now....just WOW at those Void Chronos! :eek: Shadow played him to perfection.

Wings will surely take the fourth and the title.

//EDIT

As expected Wings take the 4th game..... Anti Mage to the rescue :cool:

These kids are now millionaires..one of them is 17 years old..!

Post game interview was a bit awkward with the translation from Chinese.. some slightly weird answers by Innocence...

Really enjoyed the whole TI... can finally go to bed now :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
I had to go to bed after game 3, couldn't keep my eyes open! Great series and Wings really deserved it. The pattern of West and East alternating victories continues and a 6th TI with not only a new team winning every time but not a single player has won it more than once. Incredible.

Soldato
I had to go to bed after game 3, couldn't keep my eyes open! Great series and Wings really deserved it. The pattern of West and East alternating victories continues and a 6th TI with not only a new team winning every time but not a single player has won it more than once. Incredible.

Same here.

That's what has soured TI for me yet again, the fact that the final has barely started by midnight. I realise that this is because Seattle are currently around 8 hours behind so it was only around 4pm local time that it started.

Just not quite the same watching it the next day.

In the early games I was disappointed as a lot of the games seemed really one sided (I know there's always the chance for a comeback or throw), but after the first day or so we saw some really close games, especially on the last couple of days. Close tense games are, imho, much more fun than watching a 26-4 game where one team is pushing tier 3s and the other has only taken a single tier 1 and hoping for a comeback/throw.

Some great Dota though (or Doto, or if you're American, Doda).
At least there's not too much worry of people trying to copy Wings tactics in all the pubs now. How do you copy the "pick anything and make it work" tactic!? (That's actually been the tactic used at my MMR for ages, just without the teamwork and skill)

Soldato
:D Invoker I ususally play once every few games lol but I literally have like 3 pages of invoker games since I got this skin, it just makes playing him so much more fun.

Before you ask... I ended up paying for it due to how badly I wanted it! £73 for a bunch of pixels!! Uff.

Thought I'd share this with you guys,please ignore my friends in the background lol :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Soldato
Love a well played Voker, I'm not too bad on the character now but I tend to get too excited in the middle of big fights and mess up changing my abilities and die, I tend to be good for getting off 3 abilities before invising myself out :p

Soldato
In a ranked game still calibrating 4 games left. The game is averaging around 3.7kmmr and I support this razor who keeps just walking into the enemy tower.

I ask him to be defensive please so I can support him and he just says " its only 3k I dont care".

Why even play ranked if your going to troll specially if its around that mmr, atm everyone been fine up until that game jesus. Genuinely the only reason we lost that game was because of him.

Soldato
The game is the best game ever for me but there are some seriously toxic people on it. Had a Sven on team last night who trolled us and jungled entire game and refused to defend towers. He would stand next to em and not hit creeps. Absolute douche.

Soldato
http://www.pcgamer.com/valve-announce-monkey-king-the-first-dota-2-hero-that-isnt-a-port-from-dota/

First fresh development hero, good news :)

I've been away and in that time I seemed to forget how toxic the game is :p rolled Underlord to have a blast (after a few bot practices) and as soon as I get in game "LOL UNDERLORD MEANS WE LOSE" he is then constantly abusing me with his two mates (they were a 3 stack who picked Tiny, PA and Slark so you know you are in trouble) by 25mins of constant abuse I'm sitting 4/0/5 with a tower down and lane ticking over nicely. The abusers between them are 3/25 and are still going "REPORT UNDERLORD HE LOSES US GAME" I mean really? I'm certainly not good with Underlord (doubt many are yet) but I knew the basics executed well and got nothing but **** for it :p

Water off a ducks back for me but players in this game are horrific at times.

Soldato
WTF has happened to all the pro teams?!

OG and Secret have massive changes!
RTZ may go back to EG no Fear is gone?

Gonna be interesting to see what happens to Miracle-, Crit-, RTZ, Bulba and Moo now!
Could that be a new team right there?

Soldato
We was losing this game so hard but managed to pull some space for riki to get a few items, by all means we should have lost this game...

When I was up and able to fight however the chain lightening was so effective! We had a terrible early mid game for a number of reasons lol.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
So if you were going to show some friends a few of the games from TI6 to get them interested in Dota, which games would you pick?

Want some close exciting games, but can't remember which ones were good!

A bit late as I haven't checked on here for a while but make sure you show them [Game 1] Evil Geniuses vs Ehome.

Soldato
Wish they would keep the tournament quests as permfeatures. The amount of willing supports at the moment is great, though when you get a viper who insists on farming ancient creeks and ignoring everything it kind of doesn't help :p

Soldato
Had some mixed games lately.

Dota has an immensely toxic gaming community, although its part of the entertainment for me at times.

I had a game the other day when I missed a few last hits early as it was my first game of the day. The support I had in lane took offence to this and started to ping every two seconds and then refuse to help me.

He then left me on 10% hp and refused to heal me. Then when I got ganked 2 minutes later by a Spirit breaker he then pinged me more and spammed "Well played". After about 15 minutes of me concentrating on farming I came online. Carried the game to victory and watched this moron gradually quiet down and begin to actually heal me in fights.

Toxic people.

One day I'll get a decent group of friends to play with.

Soldato
I know plenty of decent people just my play time is all over the place.

Apart from my last 2 games I had won 17 of 19 before a couple of stinkers. I've been playing Bane/Pugna a lot recently, I enjoy supports who can also chuck out good damage.

Back
Top Bottom