iRacing

Associate
i raced around on iracing a number of years ago, had to give it up because of the subscription costs. won a few tough races back then, one thing i remember the most i hated the mx-5 brakes, they locked up all the time and no way to really adjust them for smoother braking, despite that i won a race around Okayama once and won an over race once as well, the oval race was a lot more difficult than the former, because i have about a 6 second gap when i won that, but keeping the car on the track was a problem.

but when you get tunnel vision and start going into subconcious driving mode, you can hit all your marks each time.

good thing that i have raced in f1 2000, f1c 99-02, rfactor and then iracing before moving on to project cars for a year, i stopped playing that the end of last year, picked up over 30 wins in that.

i wonder if iracing is still a subbed based game, because in addition the dlc's were also expensive to get as i recall. i wonder if the prices are lower than what they were a few years back.

Soldato
It's more expensive now:

1) The exchange rate has gone to crap.
2) They dropped the loyalty discounts for owning 40 pieces of content (or all of it) - https://www.reddit.com/r/iRacing/comments/4nw6oz/iracing_membership_pricing_change_1_aug_2016/
3) They don't do the 50% off subscription renewals. The previous discount was only 25% (https://www.reddit.com/r/iRacing/comments/4ny8or/25_off_for_existing_members_codes_inside)

That being said, there's no other multiplayer experience that comes remotely close to iRacing. Assetto Corsa is very, very good for hotlapping but because it doesn't have first party multiplayer leagues, the online experience is very meh.

Man of Honour
I think I've turned about 15 laps total since I came back from holiday four weeks ago.

For what it costs they really should have sorted performance issues on newer tracks out by now.

They really need to adopt a modern rendering engine, rather than the constant papering over job they've doing for years.

Sort the stupidly over the top weather effects too.

Soldato
My MSI 980Ti Gaming 6G will boost above 1139MHz in any game except for iRacing :( It's driving me nuts because the FPS keeps dipping below 90. I've updated the NVIDIA drivers and re-ran the iRacing graphics wizard but no dice.

Has this happened to anyone else? I couldn't find any mention of it on the official forums.

Soldato
iRacing probably is not pushing the GPU hard enough to trigger boost, i.e. it's of no benefit.

Do you have the extended FPS/Network/CPU Meter with the extra CRG graphs?

Nope, never heard of it! Will have to do some research to see how to enable it.

Cannot wait for the September build to drop with MSAA support for VR. After seeing how much better Assetto Corsa looks with it, it's actually quite difficult to race in iRacing without it. The shimmering on tracks like Nurburgring GP is very distracting.

Soldato
Nope, never heard of it! Will have to do some research to see how to enable it.

Cannot wait for the September build to drop with MSAA support for VR. After seeing how much better Assetto Corsa looks with it, it's actually quite difficult to race in iRacing without it. The shimmering on tracks like Nurburgring GP is very distracting.

Think it's in the app.ini.
CPUMeters=1

Adds
C - CPU usage for the physics thread
R - CPU usage for the rendering thread
G - GPU usage

With triples and an R9 390 my GPU spends a lot a time bimbling along unless there's 60 cars and in the usual places like the start of the 'Ring, Kemmel straight etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
Think it's in the app.ini.
CPUMeters=1

Adds
C - CPU usage for the physics thread
R - CPU usage for the rendering thread
G - GPU usage

With triples and an R9 390 my GPU spends a lot a time bimbling along unless there's 60 cars and in the usual places like the start of the 'Ring, Kemmel straight etc.

Thanks dude :) MSAA should give my 980 Ti a bit more of a workout, so I'll check how much it boosts then. Going on holiday on Friday so there won't be racing for 10 days :(

Man of Honour
Watched the preview on Inside Sim Racing, looks good. But you can see frame rate issues at certain points on the track.

Like I said previously, I wished they'd sort performance over content.

Man of Honour
Just done a very quick test in the DBR9, it was a favourite car and track combo in rFactor.

Decent performance on GTX 980Ti with triples.

Loading times as slow as expected though.

There was something in the forum about the GT1 cars having a Le Mans forced setup or down force package. Not sure exactly what the deal is, but they are certainly easy to bin on the slow corners.

Associate
Had a mild panic last night when my Rift was giving me half the fps I usually get (it's unplayable and quite vomit inducing like this!) Then the site went kaput for a while.

Tonight though, all back to normal service, very impressed with LeMans, I've never really given it much time before but it really does flow nicely. Finally having AA in a rift has made quite a nice difference, roll on more DX11 enhancements.

Barmy, pop onto the team Slack if you get chance, were starting to talk about next season if you're still interested. If anyone else is I referred I. Joining us, even to keep up on the chat on the Slack app just fire me a trust with your email and I'll add you.

Associate
Had a mild panic last night when my Rift was giving me half the fps I usually get (it's unplayable and quite vomit inducing like this!) Then the site went kaput for a while.

Tonight though, all back to normal service, very impressed with LeMans, I've never really given it much time before but it really does flow nicely. Finally having AA in a rift has made quite a nice difference, roll on more DX11 enhancements.

Barmy, pop onto the team Slack if you get chance, were starting to talk about next season if you're still interested. If anyone else is I referred I. Joining us, even to keep up on the chat on the Slack app just fire me a trust with your email and I'll add you.

Could be playing without re starting your pc after installing the new build. Though im on screens, i notice my framerate was around 60fps on this build. normally i dont have an issue with it workinb just jumping straight in after a new build. Obviously this time something was not right, Re started, and hey presto back up to typical 144 FPS.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom