*** Battlefield 1 ***

Associate
DX11 and lowest gfx setting is still amazing, FPS never moves from the 200 and the game looks and plays great, have had it all at max GFX @100fps but just seems not so smooth.

Need the game back up now!, have some free time and just short of level 20.

Associate
DX11 and lowest gfx setting is still amazing, FPS never moves from the 200 and the game looks and plays great, have had it all at max GFX @100fps but just seems not so smooth.

Need the game back up now!, have some free time and just short of level 20.

I have everything on low except AA which is on high, I'm getting around 120-165 fps with a GTX 780.

Associate
Matchmaking wasn't working for me. Pick a game from the server list and it should work fine. AND if it keeps saying "offline" on the game itself keep clicking connect it should eventually work.

Last edited:
Soldato
I been able to get on and have few games after my post.
It seems only some servers are working.

The game seems alright but I can't get on with normal mode sucks putting 7 rounds from the 1911 on target and the guy walks off like its nothing lol.

Associate
For those struggling to get in..you really are missing nothing. It is terrible compared to BF4 in my opinion. In fact it's worse than star wars battlefront. If you like it good for you but I won't be giving EA a penny for this trash.

Associate
For those struggling to get in..you really are missing nothing. It is terrible compared to BF4 in my opinion. In fact it's worse than star wars battlefront. If you like it good for you but I won't be giving EA a penny for this trash.

This map is nowhere near as fun as St Quentin Scar was on the Alpha.

Caporegime
The on-going simplification and consolification of the Battlefield series continues

Now I freely admit that I've played for around 2 hours tops as I also couldn't get in tonight either.

I had a little whinge on Reddit earlier as well, copied verbatim below:

The on-going simplification and consolification of the Battlefield series continues;

And this makes me sad. A long time BF player, (BF2 was my first game, I even had to upgrade to play it by buying a DVD Drive for the first time) each subsequent game from Battlefield 2 has become simpler and 'easier' to play. Bad Company 2 was great fun because the changes weren't that major and it still 'felt' like a BF game.

Battlefield 2142 was, IMO anyway, the zenith of Battlefield games and Titan mode just set it off. Multiple ways to win a game with teamwork being vitally important. I still wish for a proper 2142 sequel and really, really hope it's what they do next after BF1.

Battlefield 3 was fantastic but with Balance issues that still exist and it was still a battlefield game, just with some things that made it simpler, Loadout changes made team work optional and a whole class being removed meant that squad work was never an option for many people.

Battlefield 4 was an improvement in many ways over BF3 but still had that 'feel' of a BF game but again things were made simpler and many more 'prompts' appearing on screen to make things easier for many but also making the game have a lower skill ceiling. Things like the AC-130 making skill a secondary effort compared to spawning in the right vehicle annoyed me.

We don't talk about Hardline. IMO it's not a Battlefield game.

Then came the BF game that's not a BF game, Star Wars Battlefront. A far simpler game in the Battlefield mould it introduced stupid things like Heroes that can be picked up giving extra abilities which is crazy IMO and majorly spoiled the game for me.

This has clearly been a major point of influence (along with the game that can't be named) for the Battlefield One development team which, honestly, feels like it could have been subtitled Battlefront alternate reality. This makes me sad.

I certainly won't be pre-ordering and, much like after I tried SWBF, I won't be buying. And this will be the first time I haven't bought a Battlefield game since BF2. :(

Most disappointed. :(

Associate
just played it for about 10 mins, perdormance great as expected at 1440p on r9 390. i couldnt find the gfx settings (only had a quick peer to change refresh rate) but they did look very good.

Soldato
I've never alt-f4'd from a free beta until tonight.

Absolute **** of a game, super spam developed for people who want minimal influence in a game, the matches could be pre-planned as to who would win and I wouldn't have noticed.

60% of people playing snipers, to be expected because its so overpowered compared to other guns needing an incredible number of shots to kill people.

The 60mph tanks I commented on from viewing the alpha also made an appearance. I agree some people might get bored with them being historically slow but theyre like invincible heavily armed sports cars, they sprint in and not many people can deal with them so they just wreck.

Its like a game that just doesnt know what its supposed to be or who to cater to.

If you enjoy it then fair play to you, I couldn't put up with this crap let alone throw my hard earned at them.

£104, ROFL

Soldato
Couple more hours last night and yeah, I cant see me buying it based on what everyone else has said really especially not at the price they're asking

BF4 will go quiet for a month and then everyone will be back, I'll play some of my Steam backlog in that month and keep a close eye on the 2142 revive

Caporegime
I've never alt-f4'd from a free beta until tonight.

Absolute **** of a game, super spam developed for people who want minimal influence in a game, the matches could be pre-planned as to who would win and I wouldn't have noticed.

60% of people playing snipers, to be expected because its so overpowered compared to other guns needing an incredible number of shots to kill people.

The 60mph tanks I commented on from viewing the alpha also made an appearance. I agree some people might get bored with them being historically slow but theyre like invincible heavily armed sports cars, they sprint in and not many people can deal with them so they just wreck.

Its like a game that just doesnt know what its supposed to be or who to cater to.

If you enjoy it then fair play to you, I couldn't put up with this crap let alone throw my hard earned at them.

£104, ROFL

i was really hoping this would be a lots of bolt action/pump shotguns/general non spam fest game being ww1.

with machine guns being fixed emplacements that could dominate an area with automatic fire that needed to be flanked.

Soldato
Thats about the only thing i didnt like in the beta......

tanks.....

there are to meny tanks, and they spawn far to fast......
at one point we where being attacked by 3-4 tanks all at once and we had no chance
and there really hard to take out with your 2x bombs.
you need at least 4x bombs to take them down. but when they have more than 2x tanks it can be a handfull..... they just spawn way to fast.

Man of Honour
Thats about the only thing i didnt like in the beta......

tanks.....

there are to meny tanks, and they spawn far to fast......
at one point we where being attacked by 3-4 tanks all at once and we had no chance
and there really hard to take out with your 2x bombs.
you need at least 4x bombs to take them down. but when they have more than 2x tanks it can be a handfull..... they just spawn way to fast.

Trick with tanks is to have a few Assault running about with the antitank rocket guns, the tanks dont last long then :)

Back
Top Bottom