Unreal Tournament news on the horizon!

Soldato
Awesome awesome awesome!!!!!!

I really hope they take it back to its roots, ut3 was OK but lacked that ut feel.

Remake of ut99 or ut2004 would be most welcome.

Associate
UT99 was great!! It was first game I upgraded for.... 32mb ram to 128mb that was clearly the wrong speed or something and crashed my system every few hours but I don't care!!

Associate
I loved ut2004, I remember i got a demo in a PC mag which let you play online only on 2 maps. I played that for hours everyday for a month while saving as a kid to buy the full game.. This if it is as good as that could be the reason I PC game again.

Soldato
I'd like to see a combination of UT2k3 and UT2004, but with the UE4 technology. The thing I like about the UT games is that you can take a hit, respond, run away, have a battle. Too many other games you have too many one shot kills and you end up spending more time spawning and finding a opponent than you do actually fighting.

UT also has a nice weight in movement and weapons, compared to other games that feel fast and floaty. Over the years, the various UTs have also had different gameplay modes that have been terrific fun.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if this was all just a big *****tease by Mark "Father Of Lies" Rein. The last few years Epic seem to have forgotten their PC roots and seem to concentrate only on consoles and treat their ex-PC customers with an air of distain because we complained about the poorly polished and gameplay compromised UT3.

Soldato
This could be amazing, I am desperately waiting for a new arena shooter! Unfortunately arena shooters don't fare well on consoles because of the controller, which is why we don't see them often.

Soldato
If it's going to be a remake it could have some potential :)

The only thing I didn't like in UT was the 'dodge' feature :( seemed a bit rsi inducing to be double clicking strafe keys
Also didn't like the homing rockets

Soldato
If it's going to be a remake it could have some potential :)

The only thing I didn't like in UT was the 'dodge' feature :( seemed a bit rsi inducing to be double clicking strafe keys

You didn't have to use it - I rarely did, but it was annoying to see these big armoured soldiers bunny hopping about the maps. The occasional dodge was no problem

Also didn't like the homing rockets

IIRC, they were only anti-vehicle weapons, which you really did need so that someone on foot had a chance against someone in a vehicle. There was some very clever gameplay stuff that came out of it, like firing a missile in the air and then locking onto a raptor so the missile came from behind or above at the last moment, giving the pilot little time to evade.

Last edited:
Soldato
Remake ut99 in new engine.

Same physics, same gameplay

This 1000x and more.
No levelling rubbish, no DLC, no pay to win, no account creation and certainly no big maps.

Just straight honest to goodness player vs player and team vs team kicking the crap out of each other.

I still play UT99 today and would love to see it brought up to date.

Soldato
This 1000x and more.
No levelling rubbish, no DLC, no pay to win, no account creation and certainly no big maps.

Just straight honest to goodness player vs player and team vs team kicking the crap out of each other.

I still play UT99 today and would love to see it brought up to date.
Really hoping for this :)

Also no vehicles

Associate
Great news if its a going to be a real PC game much like the original unreal tournament.

Even he UT soundtrack was good, they better not screw this up. I really need a new FPS to fraggin on. To much slow paced sociopathic crap like dayz, rust and bf,cod ****... I should get ukt2k4 installed again just to get back into it.

Associate
So... a couple of days ago I was moaning about how cool the UE4 demo fps game was a mean tease by Epic. But I just spotted this on the OCN forum. Apparently...:

snip

:eek::cool:

Thanks for the heads up PorkPie!!:cool:

I read your post this morning whilst getting ready for work but didn't have time to post. This probably demonstrates how I felt:p

KaRd4.gif

Speechless!!:o:D

I really hope this turns out to be more than just promises:( perhaps the success of Titanfall has sparked something? either way I shall be glued to the gaming sites this week:o:D

Man of Honour
Your memory is old too because as I remember clearly, it was definitely....

99 > Q3 > 2004

:D

Lies.

Nothing touched Q3 for the physics and gameplay, UT99 was an absolutely blast but it was primarily the atmosphere and secondarily the gameplay and very lastly the physics (though they were a lot better than most of the alternatives).

I'd quite happily pay for and play basically UT99 but with slightly less rigid/more natural feeling physics and some very minor refinements to the gameplay and ramped up atmosphere and visuals.

Back
Top Bottom