F1 2016

Soldato
Not a current one. I have F1 2015 that I got for.. £1.20 I think due to an Amazon miss pricing. Barely played it. Should give it another go really.

Soldato
Played -

F1 2010
F1 2011
F1 2012

And then after F1 2013 I stopped playing them as F1 2013 just didn't grab me.

I then got F1 2015 last year and it was a very empty game IMO - but this one is meant to be a huge improvement, but then they say this every year.

F1 2010 and the pit stop bug will always go down as the best bug ever..!! And F1 2012 tire bug was fairly comical in some ways.

Soldato
I've been watching some "Lets Plays" on this - People who have a "Review" version.

Looks so much better than the previous iterations - Looks like it finally has a decent Career mode!

I'll definitely be checking this one out!

Man of Honour
OP
I haven't bothered with these for years, but I like a lot of what I have seen. Tbh this had gone off my radar. It is also promising that codies are happy to have given out copies already. They seem to have totally geeked out with this.

Tougher AI and AI that doesn't just follow a line, I have seen some great battles.
Debris from cars in front.
Tyres that weaken as they wear and can get punctured by kerbs.
Strategy options that can change as the race goes on.
Formation laps.
Pitting under safety car.
Decent R&D paths and feedback.

Seems to be the closest game we have had to real F1. Will probably be more exciting than the real thing :D

Soldato
One thing that killed it for me was the invisible racing. That is you would see cars on the track around you but it had zero relevance to actual car race times and sectors in the stats. Totally destroyed the immersion for me. An utterly mickey mouse idea tbh. Can't remember which version.

Soldato
One thing that killed it for me was the invisible racing. That is you would see cars on the track around you but it had zero relevance to actual car race times and sectors in the stats. Totally destroyed the immersion for me. An utterly mickey mouse idea tbh. Can't remember which version.

That was F1 2010, there was no split times or how many seconds you was behind or in front of someone.

Turns out, it was not real time timings, but simulated.

That was changed for F1 2011 onwards I think.

Associate
out of the ones i've purchased (2010, 2012, and 2013) I played 2010 the most, purely because you can make your own driver and compete in your own career!

I like the fact you had to start with the back markers and work your way to the big teams!

Soldato
Played -

F1 2010
F1 2011
F1 2012

Same.

We had some fun doing the time trial modes every week with the likes of you, CaptainRave and Mr.Fantastic being consistently the fastest. I've not touched it since really. Actually I think I got 2013 for the old school cars and tracks which was pretty fun but I didn't really get into it like 2010/2011.

If I can get this for £20 or less like previous years then yeah I'll probably pick it up.

Man of Honour
OP
Same.

We had some fun doing the time trial modes every week with the likes of you, CaptainRave and Mr.Fantastic being consistently the fastest. I've not touched it since really. Actually I think I got 2013 for the old school cars and tracks which was pretty fun but I didn't really get into it like 2010/2011.

If I can get this for £20 or less like previous years then yeah I'll probably pick it up.

Yup, I still have great memories of those races. Some real close and real fun games we had. I haven't touched it since either apart from quickly firing up 2013 the other day that I seem to have picked up in a sale.

Like you I would be looking at around £20 or less.

Soldato
Same.

Wow good memory, I remember F1 2010 and the OCUK hot lapping, that was back before I got a wheel, I can't remember his forum name, but I also remember the chap that posted videos of him hot lapping Canada. He was pretty quick.

As mentioned CDkeys have it for £26 - Steam key. Give it a few weeks, month maybe it'll be £20.

Back
Top Bottom