Playstation Now coming to PC soon

Pet Northerner
Don
No, I have loads of PS3 games sitting in a cupboard. I don't have a PS4.

Then you're stuck I'm afraid :(

For some reason they didn't allow the PS4 to read PS3 game, nor will they let you used owned games on the streaming service.

I'm in the same boat as you, I don't want to pay again for my self's worth of PS3 games. I still keep it (the ps3) plugged in on a spare TV fr when I fancy it.

Soldato
Streaming only no thanks nice try should just give us the full monty games run locally.

Easy to protect that nowadays with Denuvo.

Soldato
Am I right in assuming you'll be able to use this without a Playstation 3 or 4?

I've been thinking about getting rid of my PS4, as I only keep it around for The Last of Us and any other exclusives that are out in the future...

Soldato
OP
Am I right in assuming you'll be able to use this without a Playstation 3 or 4?

I've been thinking about getting rid of my PS4, as I only keep it around for The Last of Us and any other exclusives that are out in the future...

Am sure you won't need a console for this service. It's the main reason for it, to get more people that don't have the cash or needs for the console but don't mind playing the odd game.

It's a good idea for the people out there that don't have ps4 now they can have access to Uncharted series for example.

Associate
Considering streaming the PS4 itself to a PC within my home all on wired connections is shoddy at the 720p limit... how on flipping earth are they going to manage it from a server across the internet? It most certainly won't be buttery smooth 1080p60 with no glitches/lagging. Not to mention it's less ownership of games. This BS is why I bought a used PS3 in the first place. At least I own the games I have on it and there's no issues playing on it without internet connection.

Permabanned
What does this mean for someone who has not owned a Playstation since the PS2?

Will I be able to set this up and then buy whatever games are available to play on my PC?

Okay having read the posts in the thread it's not the good news I thought it was :(

In other news, I just completed Inside, That ending? Screwed up or what!

Last edited:
Soldato
I signed up for the 7 day trial and cancelled the auto payment and deleted my CC info to give it a go, see if this is actually any good, first impressions with Injustice gods among us, well it played perfectly fine, which is odd.

As the PS4 remote app using my own 1GB network was utter pants.. so dunno what sort of wizardry this is.

I never noticed lag, game was clearly not 1080p, appears to have some sort of smoothing, and its clearly not 60fps either, but it worked.. Its pretty much a PS3 on your PC streamed.

Did need a PS4 controller attached, X1 pad failed to work. I used a PS4 controller attached via a USB cable.

Soldato
I played about an hour of Beyond: Two Souls and it worked great, next to no input lag using a 360 pad, only issue is as expected you can't do any of the motion control stuff without a PS3-PS4 controller.

Soldato
I signed up for the 7 day trial and cancelled the auto payment and deleted my CC info to give it a go, see if this is actually any good, first impressions with Injustice gods among us, well it played perfectly fine, which is odd.

As the PS4 remote app using my own 1GB network was utter pants.. so dunno what sort of wizardry this is.

I never noticed lag, game was clearly not 1080p, appears to have some sort of smoothing, and its clearly not 60fps either, but it worked.. Its pretty much a PS3 on your PC streamed.

Did need a PS4 controller attached, X1 pad failed to work. I used a PS4 controller attached via a USB cable.

Wait you mean you are doing this now on the pc?

I've been told that 360 pads work with the service, DS3 too.

Good thing is that games that originally ran at 60fps actually play back at 60fps, so no streaming cap there. Though the resolution seems to be capped out at 720p, as expected though, seeing as this is "original" PS3 hardware and just being streamed. Doesn't look too hot with the limited bitrate also, but still perfectly playable imo, quite surprised actually :)

Will definitely be giving Journey a shot, seems like a perfect game for the limited trial period (seeing as you can probably play all the way through it!)

Back
Top Bottom