Car Hire with License < 1 Year

Associate
Most want either 1 or 2 years.... I think you have little chance of finding one in this country (or abroad) which will rent one with a 3 month old license.

Man of Honour
You have no chance unless you find some obscure hire company willing to rent to you with a ridiculous premium. If anyone does rent you a car, it will be massively overpriced and not worth the money. It'll probanly be cheaper to hire a limo.

Sho

Sho

Soldato
^ Yea Scuzi is right. When i passed my driving test 13 months ago, tried hiring a car or two well not straight away similer in your position got turned down like a muppet.

Associate
Can anyone find where Enterprise specify this requirement?
Age Requirements
Question
What's the minimum/maximum age for renting one of your vehicles?
Answer

The minimum age is 23 years old and we do not have a maximum age limit as long as the driver has a valid driving licence.

Man of Honour
The train will probably be a hell of a lot cheaper than hiring a car, especially if you're doing it for more than a day. You also have to factor in the possibility of an accident which is high if you have had your licence for a few months and haven't actually driven. If you prang a hire car, the excess at your age and experience level is going to be massive, probably thousands. If you can't afford the insurance excess then I wouldn't recommend hiring a car.

Besides, you could buy and insure a car with the amount the excess will be :p

Associate
Enterprise will do you a Corsa from Friday to Monday for less than £50, although admittedly there is fuel on top of that and young driver fees for under 25s.
Personally I'm interested because, while I want to buy a car, I need to be able to get around to actually look at the ones I'm interested in.

Permabanned
Enterprise will do you a Corsa from Friday to Monday for less than £50, although admittedly there is fuel on top of that and young driver fees for under 25s.
Personally I'm interested because, while I want to buy a car, I need to be able to get around to actually look at the ones I'm interested in.

Train - pre booked you can get most places on a day return for less than £50.

Associate
Anyway, Enterprise will rent you car with less than 12 months driving experience, but you have to be over 23 and it's cheaper if you are over 25.

Confirmed, as I had one from them at the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom