Hazro series - HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27WA, HZ27WB & HZ27WC

Associate
We're starting a new thread to answer questions regarding the Hazro HZ30Wi, HZ30WiQ, HZ27Wa and HZ27Wb models [and LCD related questions in general]. We'll take a good bashing [no doubt] by some here [ref: past hazro displays] but in the interest of keeping this thread relevant and specific to above models only, we'd sincerely appreciate non-related Qs to be PM'd [or posted on our thread at hardforum].

Associate
I must admit have been looking at the HZ30Wi but I am a bit wary given the history of the company.

What kind of assurances can you give a potential customer?

Also, do you have any info on the led version of the 27 inch panel, HZ27Wa?
Pictures, when will it be avialable, cost etc?

Thanks

Associate
OP
What kind of assurances can you give a potential customer?

Also, do you have any info on the led version of the 27 inch panel, HZ27Wa

The company was shelved and taken over twice in 14 months. There was no intention of 'consumerising' these 30s [as they were built for the industrial market - mainly video walls]. Demand from smb/consumer domains soared after matrox found a 'consumer' competitor in the form of ATi's Eyefinity so the decision was made to relaunch. The components used are of the highest quality as we've agreed to 5 year SLAs with many clients. Expensive components aside, these are made and assembled in the UK allowing for better quality control. A comprehensive 3 year warranty policy is in place which goes through the same system as the SLAs. We're here to stay!

The 27inch monitors [both models] will be ready this month. The CCFL version [HZ27Wb] will most likely be offered first. The HZ27Wa is a 8bit LED gloss panel - I think its best if I post side-by-side images this week of the displays in open-form factor for folks here to make their own judgments. I'm told costs will be published in 2 weeks. Both will look identical to the 30s and will share the same stand.

Soldato
When are you due to ship out the first batch of the HZ30Wi ? I have two on the way :p

I'll put up an end-user review of the screens when they arrive. From the very positive review on TFT central I'm expecting great things! :p

In the past, the concern people have had with Hazro has been the poor customer support (I'm sure that this isn't news to you!). I've been stung by that also, spending six weeks trying everything to get in contact with "you" (the 'old' Hazro), although you guys certainly came through for me in the end by offering to replace the faulty HZ30W with a brand new HZ30Wi :). I think that if you can show that the company attitude to customer service has turned around, you will see a lot of people buying the product. Having a presence on forums (like this) is certainly a reassuring step :) The demand for large high-end IPS panels at a very reasonable cost is certainly there, and pricing the HZ30Wi below the Dell U2711 is bound to bring in a lot of sales, IF the concerns about returns are alleviated.

Certainly your pricing has always been very competitive, and the product quality has been well above what would be expected for the price-point. I hope to see great things from Hazro in the future :p

BTW, this forum does not have PMs. Giving a point-of-contact email address might be a good idea.

Soldato
Looking forward to seeing the 27" models, hopefully with low input lag and a reasonable response time, I feel the need to upgrade my 23" to something bigger and this could well fit the bill if the price and reviews are favourable.

Associate
OP
When are you due to ship out the first batch of the HZ30Wi ? .

We're running behind schedule on these - the promotional deal towards the end of last month have left us with a backlog orders. We assemble on demand and don't 'stock' monitors. Hopefully, we'll have most orders out this week [ending 12/11/10].

Our new support system due to go live before xmas will allow us to pull comments/suggestions/support requests from social media as well as forums. Already used the word but we're working on 'consumerising' our support system.

Soldato
I'm in the market for a 27" monitor for my pc gaming rig. I also own a iMac 27" i5 for work and the screen on it is fantastic. I love everything about it especially as it's glossy. My plan was just to buy the Apple 27" led monitor as I know I would be very happy with it.

I have to say you have caught my attention with the HZ27Wa as from what I can tell it's very similar to the Apple 27". I would like to know just how glossy it is compaired to the Apple and also the pricing as well?

Associate
OP
I would like to know just how glossy it is compaired to the Apple and also the pricing as well?

The HZ27Wa will be 100% exactly the same in terms of 'glossiness'.
Pricing will be published in 2 weeks. Note: The 27" CCFL will be launched first. I will try to get a rough price out of management and will post immediately.

Associate
OP
Does this mean my 1.5 year old 30" still has warranty.

We have no stock or parts for old Hazro monitors [apart from spare adapters for <26" displays which previous management left]. Luckily for 30" owners, the panel is interchangeable so there maybe something that can be done but its really down to the management here. Luckily for us, the 30s never really had a problem and the returns figures are below industry average.

Permabanned
A few more questions regarding the HZ27Wa:

1. Will the power supply be an internal one?

2. Am I correct in saying it is using exactly the same panel as the Apple LED display so quality wise they should look the same?

3. As the HZ27Wa model comes with a mini display port do you also supply the appropriate cable to connect to a pc?

Very much anticipating the price for this one also . . .

;)

Associate
OP
A few more questions regarding the HZ27Wa:

1. Yes: power supplies on both 30s and 27s are internal AC with master on/off switch.

2. See reply above by 'Baddass'

3. The HZ27Wa features normal DP - not miniDP. We're thinking of bundling DP>DVI cables but these are buggy. The cable issue has yet to be confirmed.

Prices will be published in approx 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Associate
We have no stock or parts for old Hazro monitors [apart from spare adapters for <26" displays which previous management left]. Luckily for 30" owners, the panel is interchangeable so there maybe something that can be done but its really down to the management here. Luckily for us, the 30s never really had a problem and the returns figures are below industry average.

I'd be interested to buy a vesa mount display adaptor for a black HZ24Wi if you have any? I know you said no non-related questions to the models in the thread title, but PMs don't work on this board and I don't post on hardforum so... :p I've been trying to get hold of one for ages (see other Hazro thread on here).

If you reply, I'll promise to consider one of your newer screens for my second as I really like my Hazro screen otherwise. :)

Back
Top Bottom