• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Show us your gains on 337.50 nVidia drivers

Caporegime
OP
Hi Greg Now you've had a play with BF4 with the new drivers how do you think it plays? in another thread i said how much smoother it felt as in some parts of certain maps you could feel it was very twitchy but now using these new drivers BF4 feels super smooth in all maps apart from some network lag.

I have only played the one map on the new drivers and it still didn't give me good frames compared to any of the other maps but felt very good. I never felt it was bad before though and I am quite picky with fluidity/stutter/lag/tearing. I will have to have a play with that overlay thing running but when I previously ran and recorded with that, I never got any of that spiking that has been known to happen. I purposefully picked Shanghai, as that has always been the worst map for me and even though my frames were low, it played very nice. How I wish I liked the game though :( :p

Man of Honour
4 Titans @992/1789

3930k @5.0

Drivers more stable in this allowing higher oc and new top score.

Sniper Elite V2 Benchmark Report
================================
Created: 2014-04-08 at 08:20:48
Build Version: 1.13, Apr 11 2013
================================

Average FPS: 216.5
Minimum FPS: 36.2
Maximum FPS: 1188.2

Number Of Frames: 16602
Average Frame: 4.620ms
Minimum Frame: 0.842ms
Maximum Frame: 27.606ms

Machine Name: TITANIV
Monitors: 1
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
System RAM: 16324MB
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz
Number of Cores: 6

GPU Name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX TITAN
Feature Level: DX11.0
Driver version: 9.18.13.3750
Dedicated VRAM: 3072MB

Resolution Width: 1920
Resolution Height: 1080
Texture Detail: ULTRA
Shadows Detail: ULTRA
Draw Distance: ULTRA
Anti-aliasing: HIGH
Advanced Shadows: HIGH
Supersampling: 4.0x
Anisotropic Level: 16
Compute Shaders: ON
Ambient Occlusion: ON
Motion Blur: ON
Vertical Sync: OFF
Reduce Mouse Lag: OFF
Stereo 3D: OFF

T1Q4VhR.jpg

Associate
I have only played the one map on the new drivers and it still didn't give me good frames compared to any of the other maps but felt very good. I never felt it was bad before though and I am quite picky with fluidity/stutter/lag/tearing. I will have to have a play with that overlay thing running but when I previously ran and recorded with that, I never got any of that spiking that has been known to happen. I purposefully picked Shanghai, as that has always been the worst map for me and even though my frames were low, it played very nice. How I wish I liked the game though :( :p

I think that overlay looks much more compact and slightly flatter.
I'm running a 120Hz monitor and i have BF4 capped at 120fps but before the new drive i was seeing many times the fps drop below 120 but last night with 2 hours worth of gaming i never saw the fps drop :eek: though i did play your map but not when the building coming down.

This is a genuine upgrade and I'm grateful :D

Caporegime
OP
I think that overlay looks much more compact and slightly flatter.
I'm running a 120Hz monitor and i have BF4 capped at 120fps but before the new drive i was seeing many times the fps drop below 120 but last night with 2 hours worth of gaming i never saw the fps drop :eek: though i did play your map but not when the building coming down.

This is a genuine upgrade and I'm grateful :D

I was very impressed with Mantle and AMD did well in BF4 but for me, these gains are across the DX11 range (that I have found so far) and some of them are absurd. 40% gains for me in some instances is amazing and we are not talking one or two games here either. Gains in lots of games. The ability to knock the CPU overclock off is what impresses me the most. Heat is a nightmare in the Summer and running 3 big chips (3930K + two Titans) on a 360+240 rad is hard to keep cool but with dropping the OC on the CPU, it has just made that job a little easier.

I don't say this often but nVidia need a big high five for what they have done here. Maybe they have got in bed with Microsoft and if they have, happy days :D

Whyscotty asked me to add his results to the OP, so doing that now.

Soldato
My results are in the nvidia thread Greg if you want to compile a sexy graph for me :p

Biggest gains were on hitman and bf4, with minimums on sev2 up 50%.

Caporegime
OP
Will do Paul :)

Just did a couple of 4K tests with my CPU at stock on the old WHQL and new drivers.

Thief old drivers 19 - 40 - 62
Thief new drivers 29 - 49 - 70

Tomb Raider old drivers 35 - 49 - 64
Tomb Raider new drivers 48 - 59 - 72

So even at 4K I am seeing gains and clearly shows the CPU is not working so hard.

Soldato
That's one thing l never do is to check whether the latest GPU drivers improves benching scores, as long as the install goes ok and all is good.

Whether l loss or gain a few points in benching would not bother me, win some loss some.:)

Underboss
Was getting around 80fps on Assetto Corsa with everything maxed out, now with the latest drivers I'm hitting around 120fps - will get a proper bench going when my new HDD arrives tomorrow.

Associate
Really good thread Greg appreciate the hard work and effort put in ;)

I don't say this often but nVidia need a big high five for what they have done here. Maybe they have got in bed with Microsoft and if they have, happy days :D
All hail the mighty 337 GOLDEN Driver

These Drivers are the BOMB! butter smooth, runs like gravy AND frankly the best Nv drivers I have ever used. Tested several games last night and got gains in every single one ++ every game feels so much smoother in every aspect & every area when compared to life before 337... all this with the 1st beta release is pretty amazing too - Nvidia has just picked DX up by the scruff of the neck and put it back on top of the performance charts across several titles. Not just the one title that Mantle shouts about.

I would just like to say as an Nvidia user on a Nvidia topic/thread

Well done Nvidia – The Way It's Meant to be Played
^^^^
This is just a copy and paste of the post I made over on the Nv driver thread..

But your Right Nvidia really have pulled out all the stops and give DX a new lease of life Boosting performance in several games :cool:

Interesting what you've picked up on regarding the CPU overclocks... And maybe that's the MAGIC to be taken out of all this "No longer the need for Extreme Overclocks" roll on the next Nv Driver release ;) Now we've got a taste we want more jiggery pokery :D

Permabanned
I don't think joining an empty server is the best way to test BF4. But anyway... what O/S was used during testing? A few Win 7 users are saying they get no gains at all, they maybe nubs though. Where are your Metro LL results Gregster? :p

Back
Top Bottom