• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Prices have gone up everywhere. At least we still have 1080's from £569, one competitors lowest price is now £640

Were still competitive, don't blame OcUK for prices, blame those who voted out.

Your MSI G1 is £650, other people have had them delivered from other sites purchased @ £559. Blame the referendum and exchange rates all you want, they've not changed that much...you're just price gouging.

Permabanned
Gibbo how do prices rise on something that was paid for before the brexit? We have not even invoked article 50 yet people are upping prices. But you know i have a purchase i was going to make a few months ago at 200 Euro, And one day just like magic that 200 went to 230. This was just around Christmas and its been like that since.

So when i put in the post brexit price (Euro > GBP on XE.com) i see the price has risen by around £7. This is nothing really what has happened i think is people manipulated the currency before the Brexit vote just to cash in. Why else did the pound crash against the Euro around Christmas 15? It was getting more expensive so i bought the item just to save money. I could go and probably find the exact date but all i know is i paid for something i did not need a few months shy of my planned purchase date simply because it went up and up and stayed there.

Associate
Gibbo how do prices rise on something that was paid for before the brexit? We have not even invoked article 50 yet people are upping prices. But you know i have a purchase i was going to make a few months ago at 200 Euro, And one day just like magic that 200 went to 230. This was just around Christmas and its been like that since.

So when i put in the post brexit price (Euro > GBP on XE.com) i see the price has risen by around £7. This is nothing really what has happened i think is people manipulated the currency before the Brexit vote just to cash in. Why else did the pound crash against the Euro around Christmas 15? It was getting more expensive so i bought the item just to save money. I could go and probably find the exact date but all i know is i paid for something i did not need a few months shy of my planned purchase date simply because it went up and up and stayed there.

Gibbo has already explained that because they buy in dollars, when they come to pay their invoices they are at the mercy of the exchange rate.

OcUK Staff
Your MSI G1 is £650, other people have had them delivered from other sites purchased @ £559. Blame the referendum and exchange rates all you want, they've not changed that much...you're just price gouging.

G1's at that price is a steal literally, you should buy them.

OcUK Staff
Our company will be hit by 30K over the next 3 months if the pound remains at this level. The reality of Brexit. That's a few pay rises or another salary.

We've done nearly 2M GBP value on GPU sales in last 30 days with a lot of stock that when it is paid for will result in a loss due to PO's raised at 1.45 and when we have to pay bank giving us 1.32, were hoping it gets back over 1.35 be settling invoices otherwise losses like your company can be big. :(

It baffles me as to why some don't understand basic economics.....

Soldato
Prices have gone up everywhere. At least we still have 1080's from £569, one competitors lowest price is now £640

Were still competitive, don't blame OcUK for prices, blame those who voted out.

GPU prices seem absolutely crazy since over the past 2 weeks I've purchased..

Asus Pro Gaming Z170 Mobo
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 3200Mhz 16GB RAM
Intel i7 6700K Retail CPU..

..from OcUK which totalled £521.93 :eek:

All that for less than the cheapest 1080.. its shocking when you sit back and think about it.

Last edited:
Associate
OP

All that for less than the cheapest 1080.. its shocking when you sit back and think about it.

Absolutely. There's no reason for the 1080/70 to be anywhere near the present price range from any retailer.

Associate

Look at the performance you get from a 1080 though. It's nuts. You can't run games at 4k/40-60fps with a 6700k on it's own.

It has 0 competition, so nvidia are free to set the price as high as they like.
Considering it is still out of stock everywhere, they certainly aren't having any problems selling. Prices are pretty much entirely set by supply & demand.

It sucks for the consumer, yes, but you can't really blame them. R&D costs were probably huge for these products.

I'm probably just gonna ride out the storm personally, stick with my 970 for a while and wait for 1070/1078 prices to come down a bit (however long that may take - got plenty of older games I can run at 1440p 60fps on a 970 to enjoy in the mean-time). Although with uncertainty of pound, any gains from waiting might be offset by pound falling. So if you have the cash now, probably ok to justify spending it before pound gets worse.

Basically - I don't see prices getting any cheaper any time soon on 1070/1080 until pound recovers AND supply is plentiful, and who knows how long that's going to take.

Associate
Our company will be hit by 30K over the next 3 months if the pound remains at this level. The reality of Brexit. That's a few pay rises or another salary.

Out of curiosity what is the sector and size of the company you work at? Typical turnover/ number of employees or other metric. Understand if you would rather not say.

Soldato
I've just noticed that this new generation does not improve the price/performance ratio. 480 performs like the 390, similar price. 1070 like the 980ti, similar price.

This isn't right, is it? Shouldn't we get increased performance for the same money, particularly after a die shrink... ?

Associate
I am starting to think something funny is going on with this series and nvidia and the recent pound/dollar issue is making it very obvious, nvidia showed prices of the founder cards and the starting price of after market card's but very few aftermarket cards actually exist at all meaning pretty much all of them in the uk have +% on them for supply and demand and the pound/dollar issue just means even more ontop.

I honestly think stock has been abit of a joke this time around and i really hope they fix it in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom