• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GPU board layputs/diagrams?

Soldato
OP
I mean a pic of the board & where all the chips go, I just wonder why the boards are huge compared to the integrated GPU... Would it be easy or hard to make GPU boards smaller?

Associate
the R9 nano is relatively small. Keep in mind that a Graphics PCB needs space for:
Chip, Memory, Memory Controller, Power Management, Regulators, Inputs, Outputs

A lot of these things are "outsourced" to the motherboard in an integrated GPU.

Associate
I mean a pic of the board & where all the chips go, I just wonder why the boards are huge compared to the integrated GPU... Would it be easy or hard to make GPU boards smaller?

i can see it being quite expensive. the problem we have is to cool all the parts seems to need a cooler that is quite a bit loner than the actual card. so in there opinions it would be pointless to reduce the size of the board.

would be nice but the heat would be huge.

Soldato
OP
Hmmm, ya heat would be a issue... They do have mobile GPU boards for laptops though, seems they could meet in the middle somewhere... If they just put the power input for the card connect to the output on the back side of the board, I mean the board (most of them) is 4.50 inch tall & you need a 7 or more tall case to put them in (none riser card case)... Look at https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...xdE96GABcg12syaNvWeVNEXMaYQE0EQkhDMP2CDRqQGgA what is all that on the card that is close to the front of the case?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom