Are you going to buy an iPad Pro?

• Yes

Votes: 146 33.1%
  • No

Votes: 295 66.9%

• Total voters
Permabanned
Capture.jpg

So its finally official. I love the iPad but I don't think I have a need for this personally but its going to be awesome for illustrators with the Apple Pencil!

A9X Processor
32Gb, 64Gb, 128Gb Storage
2732x2048 12.9" Screen

Soldato
I've craved a bigger iPad for a long time so happy with this, just as I was happy with the iPhone 6+, first one I bothered upgrading to after my 4s. Bigger is better in some cases.

Soldato
New processor, bigger screen, does the Pro actually mean anything except that?
Functionality wise, is it different from what has went before it?

Did they release a new 'air' this year also, or just adding a pro to the lineup?

Soldato
The name is a bit of a misnomer I think but I suppose they're marketing it as a productivity tool for professional whatever's. If it was just called the plus then that would make more sense.

Associate
I've always wanted a nice large tablet. But I'm not sure I want to move to Apple.

Looks really nice tho.

Soldato
Pro to make people think it is up against the surface pro, which is a proper computer?
Surprised they didn't call it plus to keep it in line with apple marketing phone guff.

Does it have anything better with the internals?

Is there a new air this time?

Soldato
The name is a bit of a misnomer I think but I suppose they're marketing it as a productivity tool for professional whatever's. If it was just called the plus then that would make more sense.

A professional media creator wouldn't use a tablet though especially with a tablet OS.

Caporegime
I have been wishing for a larger version for a few years. I will pass my ipad on to my son and get one of these for home use and then get a mini for taking to work. I use my ipad a lot at home and would just like the bigger screen and forget about using my desktop for anything non photo work related.

Looks awesome.

Soldato
A professional media creator wouldn't use a tablet though especially with a tablet OS.

As i said in the main event thread - I don't think the OS is a issue at all, the issue for me is that the professional applications and integration between them just isn't there at the moment. I mean sure Adobe showcased a few apps that do some neat stuff and work together but what if I want to quickly move something i've created into Word for example - thats when you run into issues.

I mean, if you could get Logic on the new iPad and have it do everything the desktop version could do, including interface with digital instruments via the lightning port and perform as well - then why wouldn't a music professional consider an iPad pro over a new macbook?

Soldato
SO why not call it a iPad+....why "Pro"?

Think its the keyboard and pencil accessories, and the screen improvements that allow the higher precision touch (and pencil) to work more accurately. Great innovations - but ultimately pointless without the applications to back it up.

Soldato
Got to be to confuse the market into thinking at its size it might actually be a computer.
HP, Asus, Microsoft all have comparable sized and in some cases cheaper tablets that can perform as actual PCs.
This throws apple into that market for confused customers.

Soldato
Got to be to confuse the market into thinking at its size it might actually be a computer.
HP, Asus, Microsoft all have comparable sized and in some cases cheaper tablets that can perform as actual PCs.
This throws apple into that market for confused customers.

Again, the operating system doesn't make it any less of a 'proper' computer. The lack of professional apps, integration and accessories make it less of one however. This can be easily fixed over time however so lets see - it depends how seriously Apple want to push the iPad into the professional corner of the market.

Back
Top Bottom