New build help

Associate
Hi, I've got an issue with my new build, any help/guidance would be appreciated:

The issue after installing everything and then plugging in the power cable, the light on the power switch and hdd light come on and stay on but pressing the power switch does nothing, no life from the fans. I've tried resetting everything (I think correctly) but still no go :(

This is the hardware I've got:

Gigabyte GA-Z170N-WIFI Intel Z170 (Socket 1151) DDR4 Mini ITX motherboard
Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4 2400mhz 1.2v
Intel Core i5 6400 2.7GHz Socket 1151
be quiet! System Power 7 450w '80 Plus Silver' PSU
Corsair Hydro Series H75 Liquid CPU Cooler
Fractel Design Core 500 case

no graphics card plugged in yet

Soldato
Have you got the case power switch cables plugged into the headers the correct way? The manual will indicate + - orientation. Ensured you have the 12v motherboard cable plugged in?

Associate
+ - orientation doesn't really matter, as long as you have the correct two pins. I used a screw driver to start mine when testing out side the case.
Did you plug both the 24 pin and 4 pin cable from the PSU to the motherboard?

Associate
It does sound like the front panel isn't connected properly.

Just to clarify, only the LEDs need + and - orientated correctly, the power / reset switch etc are just switches, they don't mind which way the electrons are flowing.

Associate
OP
Thanks, I'll double check the headers are in correctly. It's not really clear on the power/reset/HDD led headers which way round is positive and negative, there is a down arrow on the back, does that mean anything?

The 12v cable is plugged as well as the 24 pin connector.

The lights are definetly coming on as soon as the power cable is plugged in, before the power button is pressed.

Soldato
Does it work with only the power and reset switches wired up?

Can you post pic of what you have wired up?

Also, i think the arrow indicates +.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The arrow does indicate the positive, so I've got the headers in the right place according to the manual.

I've ordered another power supply, if that doesn't work then I'll see about returning the motherboard.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Soldato
You could try the components out of the case.

Motherboard on a box not the antistatic bag and jump the pins with a screwdriver (should be pins 8 + 6).

Just thinking it could be a problem with the case itself.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
I've tried putting the components outside of the case and using a screwdriver to power on but still no luck.

The 4pin ATX cable is connected

0.jpg

1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom