PSU with a lot of sata power leads <£100

Caporegime
I realised earlier that I'd made a little faux pas. In that I ordered a new hdd for my server, and it's run out of SATA power leads :o.

I have 10 hard-drives in there, and no cd drives so I can't even get rid of that temporarily.

I can't seem to find a PSU in this price range, in the upto 800W sort of territory that has more than 10 sata leads. Is this something I might have to up my budget for? The EVGA Supernova was looking great, a 650W 80 Plus Platinum at under £100. But it's "only" got 9 sata leads!

Caporegime
OP
It doesn't have spare molex's, but I could use sata splitters I guess. I was just reluctant to do so in case it wasn't good for the supply to the drives.

Associate
The 650 P2 do also have up to 6 Molex connectors you can run with it. The adapter for molex do mostly have 2 at each port and like already stated, no problem for the drives

Caporegime
OP
Yes I should have had the wit to think of the molex>sata route myself. Certainly makes things easier!

The 650 P2 do also have up to 6 Molex connectors you can run with it. The adapter for molex do mostly have 2 at each port and like already stated, no problem for the drives

Send me an advance copy and I'll review it :p?

Back
Top Bottom