Indesit Washer Dryer

Associate
Hello

Just bought a washer dryer (just had a baby and live in Scotland so needed some way of drying clothes over winter!). Its an indesit iwde146 integrated model - so all the water gets sent out of the waste pipe.

It seems to be working fine but I have noticed that the top of the machine gets really quite hot when its drying. Now i know that heat is used to dry the clothes (!) and the front door gets reasonably warm but the top is so hot its almost untouchable.

Is this normal for a washer dryer to get so hot? Never had one before so might be a stupid question! Have emailed Indesit but no response yet.

Cheers

Tim

Associate
OP
Ours doesnt seem to heat up the kitchen particularly, but it is integrated so perhaps thats why.

I think it condenses the water then pumps it out the waste (like a washer would).

Sounds like its normal for them to get hot, so fingers crossed its OK!

Permabanned
Hello

Just bought a washer dryer (just had a baby and live in Scotland so needed some way of drying clothes over winter!). Its an indesit iwde146 integrated model - so all the water gets sent out of the waste pipe.

It seems to be working fine but I have noticed that the top of the machine gets really quite hot when its drying. Now i know that heat is used to dry the clothes (!) and the front door gets reasonably warm but the top is so hot its almost untouchable.

Is this normal for a washer dryer to get so hot? Never had one before so might be a stupid question! Have emailed Indesit but no response yet.

Cheers

Tim

Perfectly normal, there is a large heating element just on top of the drum.

Back
Top Bottom