Just Arrived! VSonic VSD3S

Soldato
Hello,

Got my VSonic VSD3S' this morning - strong US dollar relative to the Singapore dollar means these are getting rather reasonably priced, indeed - around £30 delivered. Thanks to lendmeurears for the very quick shipping!

Expect first impressions and a full review shortly and over the weekend :)

- Cookeh

Associate
I've got a set of these, I think they destroy (from memory) my Shure SE535/4/E2C. Superb IEM. I also have the VSD5 (not as enjoyable as the VSD3S)

Soldato
OP
From Singapore they took 5 days incl a weekend. lendmeurears is the only stockist and are based in Singapore itself, alongside VSonic. Used standard int'l shipping and Royal Mangle took over the UK leg.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
They seem to have great prices but awful customer service, think I'll pass.

I've personally had good service from them on the one occasion I have used them - faulty GR06 connection to housing, they gave me a full refund within the day. But then they are a small company based in SG, with no outlets/HQs anywhere else in the world, you can't very well expect anything amazing from them :p

Soldato
You were lucky then because I've also read reports about people waiting for days for email replies and RMAs taking a month. On the other hand though, the prices are so stupidly low the risk might well be worth it.

Soldato
OP
First Impressions:

To sum these up in just one word: dynamic. I have tried so very hard to find a track that these bog down in...just doesn't happen. They're also very comfortable, possess excellent build quality and have a very musical sound signature that just makes you want more.

Expect a review in a week or two, when I've had more listening time (far from a hardship :D)

Soldato
I think I'm going to have to get a pair of these and maybe the TTPOD T2.

I bought a FiiO X1 a couple of weeks back and am loving it, plays anything at stupid high quality and I'm not even confused by the UI. :D
I was surprised when it powered my HD650 and K702 without a grumble but have mostly been using it with an old pair of Sony MDR-XB30EX IEMs.
Until tomorrow that is, I just ordered a pair of Havi B3 Pro 1's :)

Not sure which way I'll go next, have my eye on a pair of RHA MA750's or a pair of Fidue A71's. Unlike the full sized headphone market there is just so much good sounding gear available at ridiculously low prices (not that I'm complaining).

Associate
I think I'm going to have to get a pair of these and maybe the TTPOD T2.

I bought a FiiO X1 a couple of weeks back and am loving it, plays anything at stupid high quality and I'm not even confused by the UI. :D
I was surprised when it powered my HD650 and K702 without a grumble but have mostly been using it with an old pair of Sony MDR-XB30EX IEMs.
Until tomorrow that is, I just ordered a pair of Havi B3 Pro 1's :)

Not sure which way I'll go next, have my eye on a pair of RHA MA750's or a pair of Fidue A71's. Unlike the full sized headphone market there is just so much good sounding gear available at ridiculously low prices (not that I'm complaining).

I've got the Fiio X1 coming tomorrow. I own the DX50 and while it sounded good with my Vali; on it's own it made some of my headphones sound dry and annoying.

How would you describe the X1's sound?

Soldato
I've got the Fiio X1 coming tomorrow. I own the DX50 and while it sounded good with my Vali; on it's own it made some of my headphones sound dry and annoying.

How would you describe the X1's sound?

Punchy. Clear with good soundstage. Very good all rounder and simply unbeatable for the price.

Edit: By "Dry" do you mean flat, sterile and lacking?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Personally not a massive fan of the 750s. Undoubtedly good IEMs, but they are hideous, heavy, the cable is stupidly long and I cant figure out what they're trying to be in terms of sound signature. Good detail, but then a small soundstage - seems pointless. Seemingly boosted treble, but then rolled bass... So its not analytical, not V shaped, not warm, not 'fun', what is it? :D That and the fact the burn-in time for them is absolutely stupid (50 hours does nothing, double it and you're getting there).

I'd love to give the Fidue range a go, they get some smashing reviews. The A63s are very highly regarded as budget IEMs.

P.S. Working on the review as we speak, just swamped by dissertations/coursework.

Soldato
I have, though I keep getting distracted by the DN-1000 which is more than I want to pay at the moment. They have such a wide and varied range I'm not sure which one would fit my preferences - smooth treble, lush mids and punchy (not bloated) and extended bass.

Another one I've been looking at is the Alpha-Genus by Rock Jaw. I like the idea of having three sets of filters that really do change the sound signature. From what I've read the champagne gold filter (balanced) should do the trick.

Soldato
Slightly on the warm side of neutral and smooth

Headfonia when referring to the DX50:

It’s rather dry sounding where I mean it’s not as musical and I’m missing a lot of dynamics. Detail wise it is ok but it’s nothing special either. Same goes for its sound stage. Not the worst by far but not the best either. That doesn’t make the DX50 a bad player but to me it doesn’t sound smooth or musical at all and I find it a rather boring sound to be honest.

The X1 isn't any of the above (to me) so I think you'll probably find you will be ok, or at least I hope you do. :)

Back
Top Bottom