Integrated Speakers

Associate
Hello

I have a small room I am building a desk in to make a computer room. to save space I was hoping to build some speakers into the desk. In the past I have done this by butchering some old speakers I had laying around. This time I would like to do the job properly but I dont like the idea of butchering a good pair of speakers. Im not much of an audio file so was hoping someone could recomend the best way I can go about this? Im not looking to spend too much money, £50 to £100 at the most.

Thanks

Soldato
If you can find a way of fitting the speakers in their cabinets into a desk, that will result in far better sound than if you remove the woofer and tweeter and fit them into a desk.

Speaker cabinets are designed to work with the sound of drivers and aren't just boxes to contain them. If you must fit the drivers themselves into the desk, then look for a good used bargain on a pair on eBay. If you don't spend a lot, then doesn't matter if end up butchering them.

Other options instead of trying build speakers into a desk, would be small speakers to save on space on the desk. If you have room for a subwoofer, 2.1 is an option as that will give you small satellite speakers. Harman Kardon Soundsticks III would be a good choice if you don't mind the funky styling. Good sound but the satellites don't take up much space at all.

Creative T20 are an option for a stereo speaker. Decent sound and are the likely best speaker within the budget with the smallest footprint.

Back
Top Bottom