On ear headphones for riding bike.

Soldato
Hello I would like to stop using in earphones, so looking for a decent set of on ear headphones that also work with Android volume and skip tracks plus built in mic would be nice.
I really like the quality of the sennheiser momentum 2.0 but when I was in shop I noticed I couldn't skip tracks or adjust the volume seems well known issue with these and Android.
Seeing these priced £140 I'll put this as my budget

Thanks

Soldato
Sony MDR-100aap - various colours £100~£120

They sound superb, strong but not overpowered bass, good mids and detailed but not piercing highs. They are technically over ear and they fit me perfectly but for people with larger ears they will be at least partly on-ear. Due to the very compact design I don't find them at all large and are the only headphones I have that I would consider wearing outside.

Associate
And, unless you have mirrors, how are you able to hear vehicles coming behind you?/How do you not dull your awareness to what's going on around you I.e. other road users?

Soldato
OP
And, unless you have mirrors, how are you able to hear vehicles coming behind you?/How do you not dull your awareness to what's going on around you I.e. other road users?

I ride only on bike paths with just a single one way road towards the end of my journey..

I understand your concerns though :D had I only ride on roads I wouldn't use headphones etc

Anyway having listened to the sennheiser momentum 2.0 in shop I loved them and I just found out the rainforest seller android version..

So it's looking like I might just get them.

Back
Top Bottom