Over Ear headphones for gaming (no mic) < 40 pounds

Associate
My 13 year old Sennheiser HD570's are on the way out so I am looking for some cheap over ear replacements for less than 40 pounds, cheaper the better as I have just replaced my graphics card and I am short on cash. Apart from the sound comfort and build quality would be great.

I am thinking about some 32 pound AKG K52's which have received great reviews based on price. I have not seen any gaming reviews for these. I know at this budget it is going to a considerable downgrade.

Soldato
Koss Portapros... I still use these 6 years later and sometimes choose them over a few of my more expensive options. Few easy and free mods can really transform them too.

Associate
OP
Wow, I did not even know these headphones existed and they don't look like sub 30 pound. I need to read through some reviews. Thanks

Associate
OP
Another contender in this price range are the Samson SR850 Professional Studio Reference Open Back Headphones. I like the velvet pads that they come with as I am not keen on fake leather as it gets warm and is not as comfortable. The only disadvantage I see is that it has a fixed cable which cannot be replaced if damaged.

Back
Top Bottom