** SHINE? SECRET? **

Associate
No to techy question. Is this a black version of the Goat edition?

Love the LED light effect's that the GOAT offers so hoping this has the same.

The Goat was a RGB version of the One, all the lighting modes on the Goat are on the Shine 5 with a couple of extra ones.

Since all the software is on the kb, does that mean all the lighting functions work in linux etc as well?

Will double check on this for you.

Any idea of the date these will be in stock?.

Hopefully next week

Does it have a full-sized enter button?

Yes

Looks sweet, but no separate macro keys, arrrghhhhhh

No additional macro keys, but there all 6 profiles which you can assign macros to pretty much all keys via the FN key, plus all the A-Z keys have an alt Function media, browser, email etc plus a full mouse control.

Associate
Is there much different between this and the ducky shine 4 that's currently on offer?
I do love the look of the RGB but if this is pretty much all that is different then saving nearly £50 would be nice. I currently use a microsoft sidewinder!

Associate
Is there much different between this and the ducky shine 4 that's currently on offer?
I do love the look of the RGB but if this is pretty much all that is different then saving nearly £50 would be nice. I currently use a microsoft sidewinder!

The look of the keyboards are the same Shine 4 and 5 use the same case, there are quite a few new features on the Shine 5 but if you can live without RGB the Shine 4 at the price is a great buy :D

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
UK ISO layout is one of the least used layouts in the world. this means that production runs are small for our layout.

MX Clear are also one of the least popular switch type in the world. so having the least popular switch type on the least popular layout is pretty much not going to happen.

Associate
God damn it looks nice, killed my Shine 3 the other day with coke the only thing I wished it had some audio ports.

Last edited:
Associate
Since all the software is on the kb, does that mean all the lighting functions work in linux etc as well?

Update on Linux compatibility

Shine 5 can work in the Linux, but some feature only for Windows.

Including 4 function keys on the keyboard right top and Ducky Macro's Multimedia function keys.

However, other features are working fine (Backlight modes and other Macro's feature).

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
looking like there has been a delay at the forwarder

the stock should be here very early next week.

Associate
I was always put off by the steep cost of a Ducky keyboard but lst year I bit the bullet and brought one. I have too say that it was money so well spent they are of such high quality best bit of pc kit I have ever brought

Soldato
Are you able to comment on how you're looking on the ratio of pre orders on the browns compared to expected stock? I want to order but won't bother if it's looking likely that I won't get it before Christmas

Back
Top Bottom