** Exclusive Steam Hardware **

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Overclockers UK are proud to announce a launch exclusive on the Zotac Steam Machine.

Zotac ZBOX SN970-P NEN Steam Machine with Steam Controller @ £799.99 inc VAT

FS014ZT_119962_800x800.jpg

NEN is not simply a PC turned Steam Machine. It is engineered from the ground up to game with the mechanics of the PC imbued with the genetics of console to be the most powerful small form Steam Machine. Game like a PC with your keyboard and mouse or play like a console with the all new bundled Steam Controller.

Size, sound, acoustics, and lighting are all very important for a system that will anchor in the home entertainment center. ZOTAC engineers were able to maintain a height of two inches to ensure it fits neatly into the entertainment center while still outfitting dual radial coolers for maximum cooling performance at whisper quiet levels and the ability to disable the power on LED so it will be just you and the game. Power on to a whole new way to play with SteamOS. Access thousands of games* and connect with millions of gamers*.

Specification:
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6400T (quad-core, 2.2 GHz, up to 2.8 GHz)
- Chipset: Intel 100 Series, NVIDIA
- System Memory: 8GB(Max 16GB)
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
- Video Output: 4 HDMI2.0 (Up to 4K @ 60Hz, NVIDIA Surround of multi-display not support by SteamOS)
- 1TB 2.5“ SATA hard drive
- 1 x M.2 SATA SSD slot
- Card Reader: SD/SDHC/SDXC UHS-II
- Audio: Microphone, Headphone
- 2 x USB 3.0
- 1 x USB 3.0 Type-C
- 1 x USB 3.0 (From SD Combo)
- 2x USB 2.0
- Dual Gigabit LAN
- 1 x WiFI SMA connetor
- 802.11ac/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0
- CIR Infrared Port: Yes
- Kensington Lock: Yes
- LED Indicators: Power, HDD, WiFi
- Power Supply: AC Adapter O/P: DC 19.5V/180W
- Cooling system: Fan + Heatsink
- ZBOX Dimensions: 210mm x 203mm x 62.2mm
- 1 x Steam Controller
- 1 x WiFi antenna
- 1 x AC Adapter
- 1 x power cord
- 1 x warranty card
- 1 x user manual
- 1 x quick install guide
- 1 x USB drive with O/S driver
- 1 x driver disc

Only £799.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Last edited:
Soldato
Insane how much stuff you can ram into small factor like that, how is the steam controller ? anyone got any feedback on it ?

Associate
Insane how much stuff you can ram into small factor like that, how is the steam controller ? anyone got any feedback on it ?

It's honestly a damn struggle to get used to, but I rarely use controllers are the best of times. That said I haven't used it for a while and I realised there was a bug with the firmware which I believe is now resolved.

It's a clever controller and you can utilise both the sticks and the gyro for movement, it's certainly not without it's learning curve though. Worked great with portal 2 and it has the benefit of being able to map any button to pretty much anything.

Soldato

My impressions from the reviews is that this is more of a "beta" product. It got the hardware out there in a usable state but it is far from finished. However they benefit from the testing of thousands of people and developers will start to develop for it (maybe things like game mechanics) such that they can release a much better version in the future.

Associate
I've found the controller decent for games not designed for controllers, ie, CIV 5, and it's also pretty decent on super meatboy surprisingly. I think I prefer the trackpad to a D pad.

If your aim is to have a system where mates can come round and grab a controller, make sure you have standard X-Box controllers for them to use as there is a learning curve on the Steam one.

Permabanned
Isn't the CPU abit low thou for most of the new titles that are coming out?

Most show 3.0-3.2 as required or mim recommended.

Can the hardware be changed in these.

Just bought the controller an love it so far, no good for fighters thou :(

Soldato
Worth noting - according to a review I watched last night - that this features a special oem version of the 960 with a 192bit bus and 3gb gddr5 rather then the standard 128bit 2gb ;)

Also looking inside it looks to be running a single 8gb dimm, so single channel until the empty slot is populated.

OcUK Staff
I would love to get a steam machine, but not this moment in time until I see more powerful kit. Maybe late next year or 2017.

Build your own buddy? We sell loads of HTC cases, plenty of Mini-ITX stuff, you could probably build something better looking, more powerful and for similar money. You can buy the Steam controller separately for like £40 :)

Soldato
Def interested in something like this as things progress. Maybe the next round of Steam type boxes.

Is that GTX 960 the same as desktop 960 or is it the 960 with 3GB and more cores?

Soldato
Build your own buddy? We sell loads of HTC cases, plenty of Mini-ITX stuff, you could probably build something better looking, more powerful and for similar money. You can buy the Steam controller separately for like £40 :)

There's a sales idea for ocuk right there ;)

Soldato
way ahead of you but we are holding off because we are trying to source the controllers ;)

Suggest sending it to a well known review site like Hexus also :) Could be a nice little earner with the right publicity :) Perhaps not a gtx 960 though as that (imo) is somewhat lacking.

Associate
how is the steam controller ? anyone got any feedback on it ?

The controller is great, BUT, theres a few things to take into consideration.
* While its plug and play, even for m/kb games, which it maps keys fairly decently, you may need to spend some time mapping keys manually or going through some community configs.
* The way its weighted, it feels way lighter than the 360 pads I have, despite them actually being similar in weight.
* The X button is too far away for people with normal sized hands.
* It's not for kids - make sure you have some 360 pads for any preteen kids.

I've been able to play fps games on it, which I could never do with the 360 pad. It's move of a compliment controller than a replacement, for me, enabling games you normally need a m/kb for, to be playable on the sofa.

Back
Top Bottom