** SHINE? SECRET? **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
HO HO HO!!!

They've only gone and done it haven't they?!

It gives me great pleasure to announce pre orders, with stock due imminently, of the Shine 5 RGB Keyboard from Ducky as well as their NEW MOUSE

edT0MJr.gif

Shine 5 is the only keyboard that doesn't have a pirate ship on it to use genuine Cherry MX switches with FULL RGB backlighting. The Shine 5 also includes ABS Double Shot keycaps, this means the keycap legends are like a stick of rock, even if they wear down, the letters will still show clearly and the backlight will be clear. The Backlighting is all controlled on the board itself rather than using clunky software. You can adjust and program pretty much any lighting you want and it is easily the best backlit keyboard I have ever seen. The price is also pretty epic too, coming in at £139.99, Shine 5 offers epic features for the price.

Also on the agenda, Ducky Secret. A mouse designed from the ground up to give you every top level feature you could want. This thing reads like the checklist for a perfect gaming mouse:

Omron Japanese Switches? Yeah Buddy!
Pixart PMW3310DH Optical Sensor? No Worries.
PBT Plastic Casing? You Bet.
RGB Lighting? I Reckon So

Check The Range out HERE

Shine 5 Mechanical Keyboard, Blue Cherry MX switch
KB181DK_120448_285x255.jpg

Shine 5 Mechanical Keyboard, Black Cherry MX switch
KB183DK_120427_285x255.jpg

Shine 5 Mechanical Keyboard, Brown Cherry MX switch
KB180DK_120434_285x255.jpg

Shine 5 Mechanical Keyboard, Red Cherry MX switch
KB182DK_120442_285x255.jpg

Ducky Secret Mouse
KB184DK_120418_285x255.jpg

Soldato
Good thing that they call the keyboard "Shine" and the mouse "Secret" but not the other way round, as calling the mouse with Japanese switches "Shine" would be a bad idea, as pronouncing "Shine" in Japanese actually mean "to die" or "go die" (so implying the switches won't last :p).

Soldato
Mentioned these to the better half the other day, she rolled her eyes and asked what was wrong with my Shine 3 and then to decide between a GSYNC monitor or a new keyboard & socks for Christmas......

Love to know what you think of the mouse compared to others in its class

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Mentioned these to the better half the other day, she rolled her eyes and asked what was wrong with my Shine 3 and then to decide between a GSYNC monitor or a new keyboard & socks for Christmas......

Love to know what you think of the mouse compared to others in its class

mouse is decent. its really comfortable and compares to the feel of a deathadder to me. The switches feel on point and the quality really stands out. I will be grabbing one when i get the opportunity.

No to techy question. Is this a black version of the Goat edition?

Love the LED light effect's that the GOAT offers so hoping this has the same.

as far as I know, the shine 5 is basically the same yes. i believe it comes with a few spacebar options and one of them is a YOTG one from the promo pics i got. dont let that be a guarantee for you though.

Since all the software is on the kb, does that mean all the lighting functions work in linux etc as well?

as far as I understand, this is the case.

The lighting is actually very simple to program. I had it demoed to me and was actually very surprised by how straight forward it was.

Soldato
Having never owned a Ducky before, would a Brown switch in that feel identical to a Corsair Brown? Also, how long do Corsair have the exclusive on the Cherry MX Silent switches?

Associate
*looks at fancy keyboard*

*looks at cheap dell plastic nabbed from work*

Hmmmm. Maybe tomorrow. Can I justify buying a fancy gaming keyboard? Is the difference that huge?

Associate
Is the difference that huge?
Depends on you, I know some people that just prefer squishy dome, and some that don't really see much of a difference. I think theres a massive difference, I love my CM Storm with Reds, but I also yearn for my Microsoft Ergo 4000 which was great in a different way.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Any idea of the date these will be in stock?.

no date yet, expected in the next 2 weeks. will know more in the next few days.

No TKL version? :(

they cannot do a TKL version due to the way the case is designed. TKL is a VERY small market as well so at the moment it is a no.

Having never owned a Ducky before, would a Brown switch in that feel identical to a Corsair Brown? Also, how long do Corsair have the exclusive on the Cherry MX Silent switches?

yes, they are genuine mx brown switches so would feel identical to a corsair board. The MX silent are a linear switch so not really comparable. no idea how long the corsair exclusive lasts, i dont really care much in honesty as i just see it as a gimmick.

Does it have a full-sized enter button?

:)

ub9NWDv.jpg

Back
Top Bottom