** STEELSERIES RIVAL 700 - STATTRAK TECHNOLOGY **

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
no worries.

as I say, if you get it and are impacted by it then just post up here and I will see what I can do.

the customer support team are being made aware of it too

Soldato
Hi Guys

Sadly I have some bad news this morning, SteelSeries have contacted me to highlight a potential issue with the stock of Rival 700 units.

They have highlighted a problem on a small number of units where the one of the detachable cables is not at the correct angle to be inserted into the mouse.

The mouse will still work but this falls below their quality standards for their products and as such they are removing them from sale.

What to do:

If you haven't purchased a Rival 700 yet then you can do via pre order still. we are expecting a delivery on April 19th that will be units unaffected by this recall.

If you have already purchased a Rival 700 from Overclockers UK then you have the following options:
  1. RMA the mouse for a full refund.
  2. contact us and highlight that you would like a new mouse cable which we will ship to you as soon as we receive them.

I must highlight that the Rival 700 will still work with this USB connector, it may just have a tight fit or feel difficult to remove if your unit is one of the few that is affected. This recall is purely precautionary from SteelSeries.

I would suggest that any customers impacted by this, post here if you are unsure and I will try to offer guidance on how to proceed.

Could I get new cables even though I won mine?

Associate
Got mine yesterday (happy to report no issues with the wire).

It is a lovely mouse, liking the tactile stuff in Dota. I can understand some concern over the weight as it is quite heavy, but it slides well and to be honest i have quickly gotten used to is.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
Guys, If you have one already, even if you are happy with it, Please contact us and allow us to send you a replacement cable.

Even if it is working ok, I would rather know that we have provided you all with the replacement.

Associate
This makes sense now why they looked sold out all of a sudden, wish I would have ordered now before they were removed from sale as I wouldn't have minded waiting for a replacement cable and it's going to take 3 weeks before Overclockers gets them back it stock again, looking at the pics above though it does look good so it will be worth the wait...

Associate
Guys, If you have one already, even if you are happy with it, Please contact us and allow us to send you a replacement cable.

Even if it is working ok, I would rather know that we have provided you all with the replacement.

Quality service. Something for other companies to look to as an example

Associate

Heroic service there, I'll pop the order details into the customer services part then :)

As a side note, mine seems alright I think? It's a bit tough to remove the cable but other than that it's generally fine!

Back
Top Bottom