Faulty drive... how access the files

Soldato
Hi all

Mates laptop had a water spill. Somewhat damaged the hard drive. I replaced the drive and rebuilt the laptop all working.

So the original drive is now slaved in my rig and acting up! After 10 mins of cherning away it appears in my computer and you can access the drive. However it errors on copying the data.

Tried imaging it, tried windows scan disc which fails and tried robocopy which also access denies.

Anyone recommend any software to try ? I have never had this before. Either the drive works or is dead. This is a hybrid!

Associate
Hi Jimlad.

You could also give it ago with Ubuntu Live USB/DVD, to see if it recognizes the partition properly and if you are able to get to your files. Besides that and countless data recovery software options, which might not work, you only other choice would be a data recovery company.

Good luck!
Boogieman_WD

Soldato
How long has it had water damage for?

don't know if you maybe better off leaving the drive disconnected and somewhere warm to dry out and then trying again?

Soldato
OP
It's a mate's and he did not have it backed up. The drive spins OK with no clicks so I was wondering if to gamble and get the same firmware drive from eBay and then swap the PCB board ?

Back
Top Bottom