BT Infinity & FTTx Discussion

Soldato
I think there's a space in the HH5 box for it, if I remember correctly, so it should arrive at the same time.

It didn't but BT have on enquiry reliably informed me that one has been dispatched and gave me the tracking info, which wasn't on the original order, whether this was an error or not I do not know.

There did seem to be room in box, and the box had dongle (optional) written on the outside of it, just no optional dongle inside, still should arrive in time.

Soldato
So with the relaunch of FTTPod I put mum and dad's landline number into BT ADSL checker which shows no FTTPod option. However, our old address shows FTTPod as available. Do you think that BT need to update the checker as I understood any property with FTTC availability could upgrade?

Associate
Why can't I order BT Infinity?

Infinity is available in your area but due to high demand there is currently no capacity left at your local cabinet. There will be a waiting period until we can activate the service.

But being with sky, BT will no doubt get first choice when connections become available.

Soldato
So with the relaunch of FTTPod I put mum and dad's landline number into BT ADSL checker which shows no FTTPod option. However, our old address shows FTTPod as available. Do you think that BT need to update the checker as I understood any property with FTTC availability could upgrade?

It's much more limited. I think there's something like 46 cabinets/exchanges (I forget which) enabled across the whole estate that can do FTTP. Something like 20 of them in cornwall.

Caporegime
Why can't I order BT Infinity?

Infinity is available in your area but due to high demand there is currently no capacity left at your local cabinet. There will be a waiting period until we can activate the service.

But being with sky, BT will no doubt get first choice when connections become available.

This shouldn't happen. Openreach aren't allowed to give preferential treatment to any provider.

Back
Top Bottom