Fastershire / Gigagclear 1000Mbps fibre to the property

Soldato
Anyone here got the new "fastershire" fibre network installed and live yet?

Gigaclear are digging mine into my property as we speak and should be live before Christmas
1000Mbps line straight to my door (FTTP/H) :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'm going to be like a dog with two dicks :D :D :D

Living in the sticks I have suffered with crap internet speeds since it was invented, absolute max for me is around.....
4792703866.png

at the moment :o:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

Finally being brought out of the dark ages. :cool:

Soldato
You'll download the internet just because you can.

Other than the odd huge games though, you won't see any differences between, say, Virgin 120mb and this.

How much are you paying? Any usage limits? Because that would suck if there were

Soldato
OP
Currently as said, I am in the sticks, so it is my ONLY other option... No sky / virgin out here.
If I want the full 1000 unlimited it's £72 a month inc vat. High, but not stupidly high.
I pay average of £50 at the moment so I can get a low contention ratio line of 20:1 I think other wise it grinds to a stop on weekday evenings.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm going to rewire the house this weekend so the cables can keep up, I don't think they are even cat 5e :D :o
Means I can run ethernet to all the TV's directly. :cool: :o

Man of Honour
can i move in please :D?

EDIT : IF! you could max that speed out you could download gta v in 8 mins :o

downloading GTA 5 was the only time ive ever felt the need for a higher speed connection, currently on 7meg DL 1meg UL
iirc GTA 5 took around 18 hours to DL :o

Soldato
downloading GTA 5 was the only time ive ever felt the need for a higher speed connection, currently on 7meg DL 1meg UL

I have Virgin media 120mb and it's awful. Has been weeks since i even saw download speeds over 3mb/s speed test backs this up never get over 45mb on there.

But when GTA came out and it worked fine i could dl at about 18mb/s took me about 2 hours

Caporegime

That's the thing. To many of us, an 18 hour wait to play a game is absolutely "nae bother" at all.

I'm sticking with ADSL because I just can't justify spending any more money to get faster speeds.

Atm there just doesn't seem to be a "killer app" that needs all that bandwidth.

Soldato
That's the thing. To many of us, an 18 hour wait to play a game is absolutely "nae bother" at all.

I'm sticking with ADSL because I just can't justify spending any more money to get faster speeds.

The upload would be nice for any of us who upload raw files to youtube! ive had some 65 hour upload times because of 1.2mb/s

Man of Honour

im on BT unlimited (upto 8meg) adsl for £8.85 a month + line rental which i prepay for the year so it works out about £22 a month i think

Last edited:
Soldato
You'll download the internet just because you can.

Other than the odd huge games though, you won't see any differences between, say, Virgin 120mb and this.

How much are you paying? Any usage limits? Because that would suck if there were
very wrong.

FTTH>>>>>>>>>virgin

Soldato
I can get FTTH/FTTP in my new build with BT. Can get 300mb for £50 per month or 200mb for £40 per month + line rental but it just isn't worth it for two people living at the house. Went for 70mb for £25 per month in the end. Pretty solid line though! Speedtest shows it maxed out. 20mb upload.

KIA

KIA

Man of Honour
very wrong.

FTTH>>>>>>>>>virgin

True. VM's upload speed is pathetic and gets throttled after a certain amount of data is transferred.

I'd definitely pay £70 per month to reduce the amount of time it takes to upload data.

Soldato
OP
True. VM's upload speed is pathetic and gets throttled after a certain amount of data is transferred.

I'd definitely pay £70 per month to reduce the amount of time it takes to upload data.

Yep, upload is also 1000Mbps.. :o Giggety.

Back
Top Bottom