ASUS RT-N65U

Associate
ASUS RT-N65U 2.4GHz band not working

Hi, I recently purchased an ASUS RT-N65U router for a friend to replace their cheapo TalkTalk hub and it works fine apart from the 2.4GHz band. For some reason after resetting the router/flashing an old firmware etc the 2.4GHz band will work for about 5 minutes before just stalling with no data being sent all whilst the 5GHz band works fine. I've tried different firmwares, broadcast bands (Their are many free in this area) and changing the SSID/key/encryption with no avail :(

Does anyone have any ideas to what this may be and how it could be fixed?

Last edited:
Soldato
Whoops, misread and thought it was the RT-N56U.

Sounds like it could be faulty, is it too late to return it for a refund? Personally I would pick either the N56U or N66U as they have been proven to be more stable.

Associate
OP
Whoops, misread and thought it was the RT-N56U.
Sounds like it could be faulty, is it too late to return it for a refund? Personally I would pick either the N56U or N66U as they have been proven to be more stable.
Yeah, too late to return. It's really weird as I'm currently trying it with the Padavan firmware but as soon as something like Speedtest is run on it the router just stalls on the 2.4GHz band :confused:

Back
Top Bottom