OcUK Builds on Tour! - rjkoneill's Badass Holiday Project

Associate
wow that is a nice looking system :O

How do you feel about the SST-FT02 PSU mounting? It always looks a bit procarious to me, with the way it hangs there and the little strap they give you to hold it in place!

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
it is well and truly not going anywhere.

i have built a few fortress2 cases and it is without a doubt my mid tower of choice when being asked to spec systems.

the design is superb and there is literally nothing i can fault it with.

I just wish silverstone would start providing their cases with tinted windows.

I had the window on my TJ07 and TJ11 custom made out of dark perspex and it makes it look so much cooler.

Associate
Nice to see your dad ....

dscf9331p.jpg

Enjoy's my passion.
Good Job too rjkoneill
Leats see if I can post a pic ~ I can't. Have to learn
Resume` CPU and details
HTPC (gaming) in the living room ~ LC17B / X58Sabretooth / I7-950 / loads of ram LOL / BigNG controlling fans/temps / ek blocks for CPU and GPU / Zalman Reserator [going to extend loop to include North Bridge and add 360 XSP fans outside] and last but not least the Graphics Nvidea GForce 470. He might not be aware of a sim aid not long marketed called "Flight Sim instant Approach" where he can pactice full auto's and ILS 10 miles out rather than waste 3 hours to get back to a messed up landing. The alternative is tricky to achieve. Cheers

Last edited:
Associate
That's a really nice system. What sort of flight simming does your dad do? If it's mainly MS Flight Sim then I would have thought a yoke, throttle quadrant and pedals would have been a more appropriate choice than a military flightstick?
Another thing is he'll probably need more storage space. My AI traffic folder within my flightsim folder alone weighed in at 25GB :p

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
OP
He did consider a triple stand but the Dell stands look pretty cool as it is.

Thanks for the tip biffo, I will be sure to pass it on to him. :)

He mainly plays combat sims as his great passion is ww2 aviation history. It's pretty much a dead cert that I will end up in a Military museum of some sort every time i go to visit.

Soldato
Can I ask why you chose those EVGA 670 cards over the FTW versions? (I'm trying to decide between these myself)

Also, providing you mount it the right way round the Phantek cooler works well with the 90º rotation! (Tempted to get one of them for my TJ11 build too)

Back
Top Bottom