Nitro E200 Race Gaming Chair Overview

Caporegime
Nitro-E200_zpssncrwpfl.jpg~original

OcUK product page - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/nitro-concepts-e200-race-series-gaming-chair-black-red-gc-023-nr.html

Nitro Concepts' product page - http://www.nitro-concepts.com/en/e200-race-gaming-chair-black-red/

Here is a quick overview of an entry-level gaming chair from the Nitro Concepts Excellence Class.

This chair features:

• 100% vegan PU faux-leather cover
• comfortable cold foam upholstery
• futuristic design armrests
• safety class 4 gas lift
• top-notch rocking mechanism up to 15°
• 50 mm casters with coloured accent

Technical Details

Untitled_zpsg0pjoran.png~original

Packaging

DSC_0078_zpsxm69uool.jpg~original

DSC_0084_zps5bmcqki4.jpg~original

When this box arrived I was a little taken aback by how large and heavy it was; the last chair I used came from an office store and was nowhere near this size and weight.

Parts

DSC_0088_zpsncjc24nk.jpg~original

These are all the parts to assemble this chair. You do not need any tools as an Allen key wrench is supplied and is all that is needed.

DSC_0098_zpsqqbpo0g8.jpg~original

This is one of the arm rests. It has no padding and is just a textured plastic.

DSC_0099_zpsbwmgj6ce.jpg~original

DSC_0104_zps2d7qpl8e.jpg~original

The base is made from plastic. Now, I have had a chair with a plastic base before and it did crack on me but it did not have the extra webbing like this one does.

DSC_0092_zpskellidlr.jpg~original

The castors are okay although they don't give the smoothest of movements on the carpet in my office.

DSC_0091_zpsqyxiz7jb.jpg~original

DSC_0109_zpsl0mqpoyv.jpg~original

DSC_0108_zpsgemb3gty.jpg~original

The fake leather and the stitching is nice, and the logo appears to be properly embroidered so won't wear away easily.

DSC_0105_zpspgwom1op.jpg~original

DSC_0137_zps6rum84ah.jpg~original

And finally a bag of screws and bits along with a Nitro adhesive badge.

Assembly

All in, it took me about 15-20 minutes to get all of the parts out of the box, give the instructions a quick once-over and assemble the chair.

DSC_0135_zpskyjypyoq.jpg~original

Castors easily pop into the base and then push the gas strut into the centre.

DSC_0113_zpsg4wguzie.jpg~original

The tilt and height-adjust assembly just screws into the bottom and there is an arrow on both parts showing which way is the front.

DSC_0112_zps5k9dolcu.jpg~original

The back section then screws into the bottom section via four screws.

DSC_0116_zpsipglig2o.jpg~original

DSC_0131_zpsl1yyrulw.jpg~original

An arm rest for each side is attached and some plastic screw-caps finish it all off.

DSC_0133_zpsgqbhtta6.jpg~original

Finally, place the seat section onto the gas strut (remembering to place the plastic cone bit over the strut first) and the chair is complete.

It really is simple as it sounds to put together and comes with the only tool you need to complete it.

Completed Chair

DSC_0121_zpspfizvdkm.jpg~original

DSC_0124_zpsm24zoxy7.jpg~original

So here we have the completed chair ready for hours of gaming.

Thoughts After Usage

First impressions are good: its dead comfortable and is softer and more padded than my regular office chair.

The back support is excellent with plenty of lumbar support when sitting with your back into it.

Height adjustment range is also excellent, from low to high, with the upper-most height almost making me feel like I am over my keyboard and desk.

Getting out and trying to use the arm rests for support is not great as they are ultimately all connected to the base by the piece of metal that screws the back section to the bottom section, so when you try and push up and away from the chair the arm rests push down as if they were sprung.

The castors don't particularly like the short pile on my carpet so gliding around is a bit rough.

Summing Up

It is hard to put into words how something feels but this chair is not bad at all. Sure, the arm rests flex a lot when trying to get out of the chair but on the whole it is very well padded, well finished in places (especially the parts you actually make contact with), and at £167.99 it is in the lower end of pricing for a gaming chair. Having said that, it costs around £100 more than my office chair and I have been using that since last year without any issues. Some gaming chairs are on OcUK at way over £400 which in my mind is crazy money and you have to wonder how much more comfortable or supportive of your back they can be compared to this.

Nitro Concepts appear to be a great brand with a good range of models to cater for lower budgets and styles.

Back
Top Bottom