Whats the best I could hope for around £500?

Soldato
Morning,

I am slowly consolidating all my tech and a recent move back to iPhone has given me the itch to finally try an Apple Laptop.

I know very little about the Apple hardware and so I am looking for some advice.

Whats the best macbook or macbook air I could do for around £500 ish used?

The reason for the advice is if it were a laptop or pc I'd be on top of it but I literally have no clue where to begin with Apple.

Thanks for any help

Soldato
If you can then i'd hold out for something on here. People generally look after their stuff on this site and are more honest should there be anything wrong with it.

Associate
Refurb 11 inch Macbook airs start at £719 on Apple site and Macbooks at £759.

If you can find the extra few hundred then that is the route that I would take - you get warranty, perfect condition and a fresh battery.

Soldato
OP
If you can then i'd hold out for something on here. People generally look after their stuff on this site and are more honest should there be anything wrong with it.

Agreed, hoping something comes along.

Refurb 11 inch Macbook airs start at £719 on Apple site and Macbooks at £759.

If you can find the extra few hundred then that is the route that I would take - you get warranty, perfect condition and a fresh battery.

I'll take a look at these cheers mate

Associate
I think the Core M are in the new rMacbooks (I had the 1.3ghz one did everything) and older i5 in the Air, depends if you want the retina display as compared to the Air its a different league.

Commissario
I was so close to pulling the trigger on a refurb 2015 13" Air this morning but something held me back. I was looking for the cheapest 8Gb RAM version and it was a tad over £800. By the time I was almost ready, it had gone.

Is the memory on the 2015 MBA user upgradable? I might be better off with the 4Gb version and doing it myself.

Isn't the Core M MB a lot slower than the i5 MBA?

Not that I actually need a laptop, this would be a toy!

Soldato
it's soldered on Feek on the MBA models. When I bought my 2013 13" I got the upgraded memory and SSD to 8gb/256gb. Looking to sell it as upgraded to the new MBP but really not sure what it's worth.

Associate
Yeah the Core M is slightly slower than the i5, depends what your going to be doing on it though. Browsing the web, watching movies etc doubt you will see the difference tbh.

Back
Top Bottom