ASRock Deskmini 110

Soldato
Meh, don't see the point. You're only saving 3cm in each dimension and yet there are massive trade-offs, notably no PCI-E slot at all and SO-DIMMs. Plus I don't see what this would be used for that can't already be done (and better) with Mini ITX.

AMD APUs have more graphical grunt than Intel 6th Gen and a lot cheaper too for HTPC use. Also, APUs are plenty powerful for browsing and office work if you want to go down that route. OK, Intel chips usually have better virtualisation stuff if you want thin clients, but again Thin ITX has that covered too.

Mini ITX is plenty small enough and if you want a build this tiny you can still use a Pico PSU and power brick.

Personally, I'd much prefer to see a revisit of Mini DTX - give us 2 PCI-E slots on our SFF boards people so we can drop a dedicated sound card or PCI-E drive next to our GPU or even SLI/Crossfire with single-slot cards!

Soldato
That is a great looking case, but I would like to have 1 I can put a normal height 2 slot GPU in upright... Since all those cases are not a nice small size like that I am out of luck,,,

Soldato
...but I would like to have 1 I can put a normal height 2 slot GPU in upright... Since all those cases are not a nice small size like that I am out of luck...

By virtue of putting a "normal" card in vertically, you're immediately talking a cube case simply because cards are at least 100mm tall. I'd suggest it's your requirements that are the issue, not a lack of cases.

Depending on the length of the card, you can't go wrong with old faithful Sugo SG05. Fits 9 /12 inch cards no problem, and you can do a simple mod to get almost 11 inch cards in. And the 450W PSU in the SG05-450 is enough to run any card that will fit, or get the SG05-Lite and select your own SFX or SFX-L PSU to match power requirements.

Soldato
By virtue of putting a "normal" card in vertically, you're immediately talking a cube case simply because cards are at least 100mm tall. I'd suggest it's your requirements that are the issue, not a lack of cases.

Depending on the length of the card, you can't go wrong with old faithful Sugo SG05. Fits 9 /12 inch cards no problem, and you can do a simple mod to get almost 11 inch cards in. And the 450W PSU in the SG05-450 is enough to run any card that will fit, or get the SG05-Lite and select your own SFX or SFX-L PSU to match power requirements.

Cases that need risers look nice, I have no real prob. with them... I do wonder about the card support though, don't want it moving around...The Revo from Silverstome looks so sweet, I have 2 3.5 dives though... :( Any place with cases more like that??

Soldato
Silverstone Fortress FTZ01/Milo ML06 are the same case and will fit 1 3.5" drive and 3 2.5" drives. Fractal's Node 304 isn't horrendously big and will fit up to 6 3.5" drives, GPU permitting, but can fit up to 13" cards, so you can wiggle around.

The 3.5" drives are the limiting factor though.

I don't know the Silverstone Revo though, and can't find it - you got a link?

Soldato
Silverstone Fortress FTZ01/Milo ML06 are the same case and will fit 1 3.5" drive and 3 2.5" drives. Fractal's Node 304 isn't horrendously big and will fit up to 6 3.5" drives, GPU permitting, but can fit up to 13" cards, so you can wiggle around.

The 3.5" drives are the limiting factor though.

I don't know the Silverstone Revo though, and can't find it - you got a link?

Oh, hehe Raven sorry...

Soldato
Oh, hehe Raven sorry...

The RVZ01 is the same case as the FTZ01 and ML06-E, just the Raven-styled plastic exterior.

Raven: plastic Raven style
Milo: aluminium front facia
Fortress: full aluminium unibody

That's the only difference.

Oh, and I meant the ML06-E because that's the evolved version that can take dual-slot cards. Silverstone say it's an evolved ML06 but in reality they've just used the RVZ01 again with the different facia.

Soldato
This is nice, just have to ditch my Windows 3.5 hdd if I get it... It would look nice sitting horizontal... I have a linux 3.5 also...

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm currently in love with the Fractal Node 202. And I'm working on a way to spend money I don't have and fit a full custom water loop into it.

Can barely afford to continue my In Win 901 project and now I'm eyeing up a second :p

Soldato
I'm currently in love with the Fractal Node 202...
Oh nice

I like the idea of the ASRock Deskmini 110. Not sure I would have a use for it. As a office machine for an undemanding user. Perhaps.

I prefer the option of a gfx card, the fact things like browsers can be hardware accelerated, is useful on older machines.

Back
Top Bottom