Virgin 4g anygood?

Associate
I'm on 3g speedtest says 3- 5 mbps right now but i have a 4g capable phone Sony z3 , seen a deal

1500 mins
1 gig of data 4g
unlimited texts
for 9 pounds per month

i will be just web browsing occasionally watching the odd video on you tube will the data allowance be enough ? hopefully web pages will load faster any idea of speeds on virgin 4g?

thanks.

Soldato
They use the EE network so 4G speed is very fast, although it will most likely be limited to the normal 4G speeds and not the double 4G speed, but even then you get around 15mb up/down easily depending on where you are.

Have you had a look at BT mobile? They do a £5 discount if you live in a home with BT broadband, and have a 4gb 4G deal for £10 at the moment.

Associate
OP
Thanks mate just had a look 15 quid for me though being A non bt customer, virgin offered me a deal 7 quid a month 1 gig data with rollover plus a 1000 mins was only getting 200 before should be okay i'm not a big mobile data user.

cracking bt deal though if you can get it for a tenner.

Associate
Thanks mate just had a look 15 quid for me though being A non bt customer, virgin offered me a deal 7 quid a month 1 gig data with rollover plus a 1000 mins was only getting 200 before should be okay i'm not a big mobile data user.

cracking bt deal though if you can get it for a tenner.

You should have a look at Plusnet mobile. EE & 4G with introductory offers.

Associate
Am on virgin and been waiting for 4g from them for a while. Im debating whether its worth swopping my unlimited 3g data for 4gb 4g data contract. I like listening to streamed music and playing mobile games while commuting to and from work

Permabanned
I'm finding their 4G fine but personally i wouldn't take it without getting on a double data offer. They do them every few months and easy to get switched to when on the monthly rolling.

Associate
OP
Just upgraded mine to 20gb for 10 pounds a month with virgin

this offer ?

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/20-...md-txt-15-a-month-30-day-contract-for-2588603

not bad 5000 mins too open too all not a retention deal.

had my 4g a few days got 17 mbps download the other day but just now was only 10 peek time perhaps.

one thing i have noticed the signal strength bar on my Z3 drops when 4g is enabled from 4 max to 1 or 2 bars, phone still rings though and when it does symbol changes to 3g or H

Associate
I've just signed up for the 20gb plan for £15 per month. Although I have been doing some reading and looks like after 3.5gb usage they slow you to 3g speeds as part of their reasonable usage scheme.

Anyone experienced this yet?

Back
Top Bottom