Homesick, I should keep quite though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So I, my parents & my sisters family moved to central NY State my sister & her family around 3 years later... But I & my parents 6 years back, from the midwest, I miss the BBQ, the shorts all summer long & mostly the storms (minus the tornadoes)... I love watching lightening & heavy rain is soothing for me... The clap of thunder, I loved watching the lightening & hearing thunder at night, great to go to sleep with that going on... I wish we were still in the midwest, but everyone came out for me, parents built a house, sister & her family bought a house then did a lot of work on it... God, I want to be back there... :(

Last edited:
Associate
I'm going to be much more sympathetic than the other posters here...

I know the feeling, but unfortunately it's almost definitely not going to come back in the same way. I guess we just have to keep these memories as exactly what they are; memories.

Maybe in the future you'll experience the same, similar or better memories with your own family, or maybe they'll be completely different, who knows!

Soldato
Prize for the worst written post ever? I can't understand half of it...

So I, my parents & my sisters family moved to central NY State my sister & her family around 3 years later... But I & my parents 6 years back, from the midwest, I miss the BBQ, the shorts all summer long & mostly the storms (minus the tornadoes)... I love watching lightening & heavy rain is soothing for me... The clap of thunder, I loved watching the lightening & hearing thunder at night, great to go to sleep with that going on... I wish we were still in the midwest, but everyone came out for me, parents built a house, sister & her family bought a house then did a lot of work on it... God, I want to be back there...

6 years ago, my parents & I moved to central NY state from the midwest, with my sister and her family joining us 3 years later. I miss the BBQs, wearing shorts all summer and especially the storms - I love watching lightning, listening to the claps of thunder, and the soothing sound of heavy rain. I wish we were still in the midwest, but everyone came out for me. My parents have built a house, and my sister + family bought a house and did a lot of work on it.

God, I want to back there :(

Soldato
So I, my parents & my sisters family moved to central NY State

Why did you move, was it for a new job? Why did your parents and sister's family move to join you? Did they give up their friends and jobs to be with you or were they also looking for a change?

Can you move back and leave your family where they are, or will they have/want to move with you again?

Soldato
So I, my parents & my sisters family moved to central NY State my sister & her family around 3 years later... But I & my parents 6 years back, from the midwest, I miss the BBQ, the shorts all summer long & mostly the storms (minus the tornadoes)... I love watching lightening & heavy rain is soothing for me... The clap of thunder, I loved watching the lightening & hearing thunder at night, great to go to sleep with that going on... I wish we were still in the midwest, but everyone came out for me, parents built a house, sister & her family bought a house then did a lot of work on it... God, I want to be back there...

6 years ago, my parents & I moved to central NY state from the midwest, with my sister and her family joining us 3 years later. I miss the BBQs, wearing shorts all summer and especially the storms - I love watching lightning, listening to the claps of thunder, and the soothing sound of heavy rain. I wish we were still in the midwest, but everyone came out for me. My parents have built a house, and my sister + family bought a house and did a lot of work on it.

Thank you for the translation. Can you work full time for the OCUK forums? :D

Associate
Just move back, live your life for you as your only going to get one go at it

And grammer nazis make me cringe, he asked a question not a course in how to make the perfect sentence, adapt to your surroundings before its too late cause once the zombie apocalypse hits you'll be all alone and only a handful of bullets left

Soldato
I feel your pain, OP. For me, though, it is in reverse and I miss a dear friend who's gone away to Australia. You think about it every day and not much helps.

Six years ago, before my parents and I moved to Central New York State, we lived in the Midwest. Back then my days were filled with lazy sunshine, great food and the shortest of shorts. There was so much about that place that I loved but the storms are the things that I miss the most now. I would spend hours on my front porch watching the lightning criss-cross the leaden sky, hearing the thunderclaps rumble overhead and being soothed by rain that would pour down in great torrents. Somehow, those storms cleansed my soul and took me to another world that made me forget my own. Three years after we moved, my sister followed. My folks built a house here and put a lot of work into it. I long to return to the Midwest, but I feel trapped here: trammelled like some kind of animal. Now the only storm I feel is that which churns within me.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom