Fined by train company (Austria - Vienna)

Associate
So I wasn't aware that the ticket machine was near the baof the train. We got on the same stop and asked the inspectors where to get one and they were being douches and fined me instantly. They took my pass port details and asked me to pay it without a given date time.

Will it cause me trouble boarding back the plane?

Soldato
Of all the western countries to do this in, Austria is the worst. They have particularly draconian laws surrounding train use (dating back to an infamous incident in the late '50s involving a farmer transporting cattle on a public train). I heard of a chap who'd been in prison for 8 years awaiting trial on multiple train fare dodging.

You'd be well advised to make payment ASAP and, possibly, look into local legal advice.

Man of Honour
Of all the western countries to do this in, Austria is the worst. They have particularly draconian laws surrounding train use (dating back to an infamous incident in the late '50s involving a farmer transporting cattle on a public train). I heard of a chap who'd been in prison for 8 years awaiting trial on multiple train fare dodging.

You'd be well advised to make payment ASAP and, possibly, look into local legal advice.

Stop trying to scare the OP - worst case its 2 years in prison.

Back
Top Bottom