Best non in-ear earphones?

Associate
Hi

Does anyone have an opinion on the best non in-ear earphones?

I dont really seem to get on with in-ear, for some reason whenever i wear them i can always hear myself walking much louder, chewing food much louder etc and dont know why that is.

As a indicator of sound quality, i have previously had the bang and olufsen earphonese which have just broken. If there is nothing else comparable i will just buy another pair, i like that they have the ear wraparound for when i am running.

Thanks!

Associate
this is not my area of expertise, but can you give us more information, such as
What will you be using as your primary media source for them i.e mobile phone, portable music Player, home hi-fi system etc?
are you using an amp?
type of music/noise you listen to?
do you want open or closed headphones (do you want others to be able to hear your music)?
do you want any other features such as active sound cancelling, wireless etc?
and how much is your budget?

Associate
OP
this is not my area of expertise, but can you give us more information, such as
What will you be using as your primary media source for them i.e mobile phone, portable music Player, home hi-fi system etc?
are you using an amp?
type of music/noise you listen to?
do you want open or closed headphones (do you want others to be able to hear your music)?
do you want any other features such as active sound cancelling, wireless etc?
and how much is your budget?

They will be connected to my iphone all the time and will mostly be used in the gym.
I listen to a pretty wide range of music, im not too bothered if they make some music sound better than others.
Closed headphones, others shouldnt be able to hear.
No other features are really necessary, but my budget is unlimited so im looking for the best i can get.

Man of Honour
I've been using these for years and they have completed 1000s & 1000s of miles and many gym sessions with me.
They're not the greatest sounding headphones but for gym work/running they are excellent.
They are classed as in-ear but they're nothing like the buds that close off all the ear.
I've modified my running ones by getting a metal coat hanger and taping it over the band so that they never move a fraction of a mm.
For the price just try a pair and I think it might be exactly what you're after.

sonymdrw08l.jpg

Associate
OP
Yes i've looked at that sennheiser range but they arent so much cheaper than the B&O earphones i used to have, are they better?

Is it common to not get along with IEMs? Or is there something i am missing / doing wrong?

Man of Honour
Honestly Tabs, send off for some of those cheapies and for gym work you won't be disappointed.
I've got 4 pairs around the house and I choose them over my £89 Ultimate Ears that I wasted money on.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

I dont think those Sony ones are really for me, i think ill just buy another pair of B&O ones as they lasted a few years and know what to expect.

Back
Top Bottom