PC for Total War - Warhammer

Associate
Hi All,

As per the title and I have a c£1,100 budget for the PC - happy to buy a pre-built PC on here if possible too as I have no experience with building my own PC.

Ideally to play the game on the highest graphic setting the budget will allow for.

I have a 144hz screen at the moment too so would like to take advantage of that also.

Any pointers/links/tips would be greatly appreciated!

Jamie

Associate
Bit more info required.

Is your monitor 1080p? Are you looking at playing mostly 20 vs 20 stacks or 40 vs 40? Assuming maximum unit sizes?

I currently play Total Warhammer on mostly ultra settings with 20 vs 20 stacks at about 70fps average.

You can see my sepcs in my signature. If you are looking for more performace, you really only need to upgrade the graphics card. You can easily go for a cheaper i5 6600k to save money on the processor to achieve this.

Hope this helps for a start.

Associate
OP
This is the screen I have -

BenQ XL2430T LED 24 inch Gaming Monitor (144 Hz, 16:9, 1920 x 1080, 1000:1, 12M:1, DVI/HDMI 1.4 x 2/ DP1.2) - Black/Red

If 20v20 will let me average 70fps on Ultra settings that sounds excellent!

Associate
Here is an example build using the system configurator.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/ocuk...Pau8*qPc?X)qPdW9#qPe?Z.qPf?ZWAreV(8BaaW78BEKX(,

£100 under your budget, which leaves you room for peripherals and extra storage drives.

I would recommend you hold off however until the Gtx 1060 is released (a week away or so) just to see how it compares to the 970 in terms of performance gain and price.

You will also be able to do this cheaper if you build it yourself. I was in the same boat last time and my current PC was my first build. As long as you take it slow and step by step, you should be fine. It is mostly plugging things in in the right order.

Associate
OP
Wow I make it £859.77 if I buy the bits myself and build it.

Nearly a £200 saving!?

Might have to do it.

Thank you for your help!

Associate
No worries, and have fun.

Don't forget the thermal paste if building it yourself. I found getting the CPU cooler on the trickiest bit, and if you forget the paste, you have to do it all over again.

Back
Top Bottom