FPS drop and slow down

Associate
I have recently been noticing some pretty poor FPS drops in almost all games. It is especially noticeable in DOOM. When the game is opened the frame rate is fine not problems. Getting in excess of 60FPS on medium settings. However after only about 10 minutes it just completely drops. It will recover slightly to around 20 but won't really go higher, it really is unplayable as there isn't any stability.

The other issue is just a complete slowdown on the PC as a whole. This can be something simple like opening up Nvidia Geforce Experience to ensure drivers are up to date. Having looked at some of the temps on the CPU it seems to be sitting at around 20-30 at idle going up to 60 whilst running games. I thought this was the issue and have actually put a new CPU cooler in today with no luck.

The specs are:

AMD FX-4300 at stock 3.8GHz
MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB
Kingston HyperX Savage 8GB
Seagate SSHD 500GB
EVGA 500w 80+ Bronze

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I feel that the performance should be greater than it is currently.

Associate
OP
Have check on Task Manager and can't see anything extra. Although the Memory usage was around 60-70% just with VLC player and file explorer open. It seemed a bit high but I really couldn't see anything that looked out of place.

Associate
Sounds like you could have a memory leak somewhere that is hogging all the RAM. VLC and file explorer should not be using that much memory.

Associate
OP
I have had a look on the Performance Monitor and it seems quite stable over a long period of time but perhaps there is a specific issue. Any ideas on how to troubleshoot?

Associate
OP
The CPU sits between 18-42 in normal everyday use, up to 62 whilst gaming. The GPU seems to idle around 34 and I haven't seen it above 67-70 whilst gaming before there is stuttering and have to stop. I just can't see where the issue might be but heat seems to make sense.

Back
Top Bottom