Sharm el Sheikh

Soldato
yeah heard the same but will get out during the second week.

unless eaten by a shark in the first week..

Cairo was the issue - huge poverty and begging, everyone was looking for money. At one point they went to the police that were there and they wanted money too. Im not sure that that is typical but they were constantly on their guard from beggars and the like.

Dont want to put you off, im sure it is awesome but im just passing on what my friends impression was.

Associate
I stayed at the Sonesta Beach Hotel when I went and I loved it- the place was nice, out room was huge, staff were brilliant, really helpful and the cleaning guy took a bit of a shine to me and my mate and use to leave a swan made of a towel on our bed every day! The diving is meant to be beautiful there- I went snorkelling in Ras Mohammed, and that was amazing, wish I'd gone diving instead. My cousin went diving at Tiran Island which she said was brilliant, but the diving in Dahab (not far from Sharm) is meant to be incredible!

Took a day trip to Cairo as well- we went on the overnight local bus and didn't realise they do a drug check at the border so was a bit scary being woken up by men with guns talking to us in Arabic. Lucky there was a guy who spoke English so we understood what was happening! Loved Cairo- it has it's beautiful parts and it's poverty, in the same way as most major tourist cities. Well worth going to though I think, although I think it's a bit violent at the moment.

Soldato
I stayed on a complex which was owned by First Choice I think. All inclusive and all that jazz.

Trip to Cairo to see the pyramids is a must. Beware of the culture shock in Cairo though!

And also, go quad-biking out into the desert to see either the sunrise or sunset. I saw the sunrise and it was pretty awesome. The whole quadbiking in the mountains/desert during twilight was great as well. But you will need sunglasses to stop sand blowing in your eyes and get the scarves as well otherwise you'll breathe it in too.

Man of Honour
My favourite place in Egypt is Luxor and I would live there.
We stayed at a hotel for 7 days called St Josephs ( http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Lux...292&vpsrc=6&hnear=Luxor,+Qena,+Egypt&t=h&z=19 )
and for all our food (3 times a day), beer, drinks, 7 days stay, it cost a total of £210 for both of us (£105 each) and it's easily the best holiday I've ever had.

I would also advise everybody to experience a 7 day Nile Cruise - AWESOME.

Associate
Sharm el **** Hole ! Would not go there if you payed me.
Everyone i know thats been there got the stomach bug, poverty and begging etc.
Go somewere nice like Tenerife or Ibiza, Safe clean lots better !

Back
Top Bottom