Summer Transfer Window 2016/17 - Rumours & Signings

Don
Whenever we're confident of landing a major target it goes **** up. The only time we make big signings is when it's kept under wraps and done & dusted before you know it.

Exciting never the less.

Caporegime
Would love Gotze at Liverpool and he appears to be exactly the type of player FSG like. Young, available for way less than he would otherwise be due to his contract and loss of form but still averaging 1 in 3 which is what he's averaged over the last four years.

Sign him and it's just a striker, DM, LB, CB and keeper to sort and we'll be World Cup favourites.

Permabanned
Gotze to Liverpool seems to be building even more steam

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/clubs/liverpool/article4723644.ece

Tony Barrett Last updated at 9:59AM, March 29 2016

Mario Götze is ready to sever his ties with Bayern Munich at the end of this season having set his heart on a summer move to Liverpool where he would be reunited with Jürgen Klopp, who managed him at Borussia Dortmund.

In what would be a significant statement of intent by Klopp as he looks to re-establish Liverpool among European football’s elite, the Merseyside club are hopeful of signing the German World Cup winner. Götze is expected to cost around £20 million as he is due to enter the final year of his contract in June.

Götze has been open in his attempts to attract Liverpool’s interest and privately the attacking midfielder has gone still further, indicating that working under Klopp once more would be his ideal scenario following a difficult spell at Bayern.

Despite becoming a national hero two years ago when he scored the winning goal in extra time as Germany beat Argentina in the 2014 World Cup Final, Götze’s progress has stalled under Pep Guardiola at Bayern and he has started only one Bundesliga game in the last five months.

Joachim Löw, the Germany manager, has encouraged Götze to discuss his situation with Carlo Ancelotti, the incoming Bayern manager, before determining his future but the 23-year-old is already veering strongly towards reconvening his working relationship with Klopp with whom he enjoyed great success at Dortmund.

There is an acceptance at Liverpool that Klopp will want to make his mark on the club’s playing staff this summer and he will be backed accordingly with significant financial resources set to be made available to him.

A fundamental element of the decision to appoint Klopp last October was a belief that his reputation would allow them to attract a higher calibre of player more regularly. That ambition seems increasingly likely to be realised with Götze being one of a number of players in recent weeks who have indicated, publicly or privately, that they want to move to Anfield.

At the weekend, Jonas Hector, the Cologne and Germany left back, offered an indication of his desire when he stated that he would have to consider his future if he received a phone call from Klopp. Yesterday, Piotr Zielinski, the Empoli midfielder, went a stage further, admitting that he has been doing due diligence on Klopp and detailing where he could fit into the Liverpool team should their ongoing pursuit of him prove successful.

“Some people say these are just the rumours. I know a little bit more about it,” Zielinski said. “But until now I just try to play as best as I can in Empoli to have a possible chance in June for such a big transfer move.

“I have spoken with Kuba [Blaszczykowski, who played under Klopp at Dortmund] who plays in Fiorentina now about Klopp. He told me about his personality, how is Klopp to the players, gave me some tips, but nothing is known yet. I constantly have to play well in Empoli to get the interest from the bigger clubs.

“Everyone knows [Philippe] Coutinho who is very technically gifted. He can shoot with either foot, no matter if it’s left of right. I think I have something in common with him. Definitely he is one of the best Liverpool players this season. I really like his style of play, I watch him closely

“It would be great to play alongside Coutinho. I am sure we could be a good duo on the pitch. We’ll see what will happen.”

Don
For more realistic Liverpool news, we only got 65m for top 3 player in the world - http://imgur.com/bbBNwCx

I can't wait for us to **** up getting Gotze \o/

Plus VAT! £78m :p

Not quite. There was no VAT paid as he moved abroad. Selling to Barca for £65m was worth £78m had we sold to a PL side but that wasn't what was paid.

As Moses mentioned, the 1 thing that's been ignored is that Barca took on all other costs which would include any sell on clauses and such. Without knowing the cost of these, it's impossible to know the exact value of the deal.

Soldato
Selling to Barca for £65m was worth £78m had we sold to a PL side but that wasn't what was paid.

Isn't that dependent on how much VAt you accrue throughout the given financial year? Most VAT you receive you end up passing on to HMRC, so I wouldn't have thought saying it was worth £78m if you sold to a PL side to be entirely that accurate?

Don
Isn't that dependent on how much VAt you accrue throughout the given financial year? Most VAT you receive you end up passing on to HMRC, so I wouldn't have thought saying it was worth £78m if you sold to a PL side to be entirely that accurate?

I wasn't suggesting Liverpool would receive £78m. All I was saying is that due to VAT on transfers between English sides, selling to Barca for £65m is the same as selling to a PL side for £78m as we'd have to pay the VAT on the PL deal. What Liverpool would eventually pay or receive in VAT at the end of the period would depend on all other transactions in that period but you can't look at it like that, you have to look at them in isolation.

Like I said, the interesting thing to know was just how much Barca had to pay Ajax and his previous clubs before that - I'm guessing that's where the £65/75m comes from. If Ajax (+ the others) were due ~£10m, by Barca assuming responsibilty for that, the deal is directly worth £75m regardless of the VAT situation.

Soldato
I wasn't suggesting Liverpool would receive £78m. All I was saying is that due to VAT on transfers between English sides, selling to Barca for £65m is the same as selling to a PL side for £78m as we'd have to pay the VAT on the PL deal. What Liverpool would eventually pay or receive in VAT at the end of the period would depend on all other transactions in that period but you can't look at it like that, you have to look at them in isolation.

Eh? You wouldn't be paying the VAT, the buying club would be paying it. The EPL buying club would the reclaim the VAT, taking the transfer amount back to £65m.

Don
Eh? You wouldn't be paying the VAT, the buying club would be paying it. The EPL buying club would the reclaim the VAT, taking the transfer amount back to £65m.

Liverpool would receive the money from the buying club and pay the VAT is what I meant.

A total sale of £78m (including VAT) to Arsenal or City is the same to Liverpool as a sale of £65m abroad.

Soldato
Liverpool would receive the money from the buying club and pay the VAT is what I meant.

A total sale of £78m (including VAT) to Arsenal or City is the same to Liverpool as a sale of £65m abroad.

To be honest with you, I've never heard of a sale price between two English clubs as being inclusive of VAT - I was under the impression that the fees quoted in the press were just the fees. If Benteke went to Liverpool for £32.5m, with Liverpool meeting his release clause, I wouldn't expect everyone to list the fee as £39m inclusive of VAT.

Whenever I discuss a fee with a client at work it's never inclusive of VAT.

I suppose this is my new thing learned for today :)

Don
Unless the clause in his deal was stated as excluding VAT then Villa would have only received £27.08m on their hands. Obviously they'd get the VAT back off any signings they made.

Soldato
Hopefully we unload Sadio Mané for a fortune whilst everyone else still hasn't realised he's got virtually zero end product no matter how many times he turns a defence inside out.

Can see Wanyama going too who will be missed more but his recent discipline certainly wouldn't be missed.

Caporegime
Wwll i hear we will let rash rojojo go in summer and depay. So that's like the best part of 45 million wasted.

Of course we should also move schneiderlin on. Juve might be interested in hererra.

No bids for mata but would be nice if someone Spanish came in gor him. Again we'd take a huge loss financially.

so yes its going to be a huge loss making summer transfer period.

Back
Top Bottom