Spec me a wirless/Bluetooth mouse for my MBP?

Soldato
The magic mouse is far from perfect but I do like the touch scrolling and gestures etc and it does work very well with the OS. They're also really slim for putting in bags and so on. I haven't really used anything else for a while, I always find that although they're invariably (ok always) more comfortable than the MM I always always miss the gestures.

Soldato
OP
The magic mouse is far from perfect but I do like the touch scrolling and gestures etc and it does work very well with the OS. They're also really slim for putting in bags and so on. I haven't really used anything else for a while, I always find that although they're invariably (ok always) more comfortable than the MM I always always miss the gestures.

Thanks PTW, gestures are a real pull for me :(

Commissario
Make sure you try one of those Apple mouses before you buy one - I loved the look of them until I got my hands on one and it was just too small and flat for me to use comfortably.

Soldato
I used to use the Apple mice but have recently switched to the Logitech MX Master for my iMac, and an MX Anywhere for laptop.

Like the buttons/contextual stuff, and far more comfortable than the apple units.

Soldato
Ive used both the magic mouse and trackpad for 1-2 years and the advantages they offer (many nice gesture support) are heavily out weighted by the fact that their just terrible products. More so the mouse, it the single worst mouse, in typically Apple fashion its a mouse that looks nice in press shots but its horrible in terms of ergonomics, pretty finicky since most of the surface is touch sensitive and it doesn't add enough gestures to be useful.

Personally my mouse of choice is the MX705, love it, logitech use a small wireless dongle so it takes up 1 port forever, but in exchange my last mouse lasted 4 years before it started acting up and I never once replaced the batteries it came with. It has a few extra buttons, one where your thumb rests that I use for expose, and a back/forward buttons so it covers a decent amount of the gestures I need, everything else I do is done with the keyboard. Honestly love it.

If your willing to spend more the MX Master/Anywhere are great. If I was to go with something Apple it would be the trackpad, its not comfortable too but at least it has all the gestures, the mouse is just a bad mouse with a subset of the usefulness of a trackpad.

Associate
I use the mx master. It works great on my Mac, custom buttons are a nice feature. If like me your hands are anyway big, it'll feel great. It's much better in the hand compared to a Magic Mouse. I do also from time to time use the original track pad which is great for gestures.

Caporegime
Been looking for a replacement to my temperamental M560 (which I loved) and went for a Razer Orochi.

Had it 5 minutes and its going back. Cheap, nasty, horrible feeling thing with sharp edged and it dropped off Bluetooth twice.

Ordered an MX Anywhere 2 instead.

Soldato
OP
If I could get one for a fiver, I still wouldn't. They're rubbish!

Lol thanks :D

I use the mx master. It works great on my Mac, custom buttons are a nice feature. If like me your hands are anyway big, it'll feel great. It's much better in the hand compared to a Magic Mouse. I do also from time to time use the original track pad which is great for gestures.

Been looking for a replacement to my temperamental M560 (which I loved) and went for a Razer Orochi.

Had it 5 minutes and its going back. Cheap, nasty, horrible feeling thing with sharp edged and it dropped off Bluetooth twice.

Ordered an MX Anywhere 2 instead.

Will take a look at those chaps, thanks

Soldato
If I could only pick one, it'd be the Magic Trackpad. While I was on macOS it was fantastic for browsing. Could do with a little more tuning for some other operations however (rotating in documents etc).

Otherwise, decent mouse and learning key bindings would be my preference :)

Back
Top Bottom