[Project Breasticles] AKA the Wifey Build

Associate
So the long needed Gaming rig upgrade Bawbag is live and now its all down to tweeking, cosmetics and maybe a pair of 1080s in the next few months. However, another system looms in my mind as the Mrs needs a new pc.

Right now she's gaming on a Dell Optiplex 3020 SFF and a pair of crappy 22" WSXGA+ Hp hand me downs. With no real upgrade potential in that I'm going to build a "little brother" to Bawbag called Breasticles

What the **** is Beasticles you say? Its something of a Scottish Roller derby joke.A Charity match for Breast and Testicular cancer the Mrs and I officiated a number of years back. Dont I look pretty in official pink?

T03ZFRul.jpg

So I am considering Pink for one of the colors in the system.... maybe the fluid?

Anyway here is the planned Parts list for Phase One

My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £1,214.90
(includes shipping: £0.00)

Originally I was going to go with a 1060 as that will more than likely be more than enough for her. However that would kill any WC atm as the 1060 stupid 6 pin location on the reference cards is.... well stupid. Nvidias response of "why would you want to WC a 1060" shows a serious lack of knowledge about us. Why? Because we ****ing can dammit!

I've also opted not to go for a dedicated storage drive at the moment, as she barely scrapes the 320g in her current build

Like I say, thats phase one, Phase 2 will be the WC upgrade. The Node 202 will be reclaimed and put aside for a HTPC later down the line and then see's these bits thrown in
My basket at Overclockers UK:

Total: £777.25
(includes shipping: £14.10)

Thats the General plan for now, Feedback as always is welcome, especially during these planning stages, however this probabally wont get started until late aug - mid Sep

Last edited:
Associate
I love that name!

Subbed! Can't wait to see this!

Suggest coolant colour to match that T-Shirt :D. There's a nice Mayhems pastel colour that would match that quite well...

Associate
OP
I love that name!

Subbed! Can't wait to see this!

Suggest coolant colour to match that T-Shirt :D. There's a nice Mayhems pastel colour that would match that quite well...

yeah I'm thinking coolant and custom powder coated fittings in pink..... question is where do do said coating.... and can i maybe do thw whole case white.....

Associate
yeah I'm thinking coolant and custom powder coated fittings in pink..... question is where do do said coating.... and can i maybe do thw whole case white.....

I did the poor mans power coat in my project....Vinyl lol.

I couldn't find any local powder coat places, usually have to take the pieces of the case apart (de-revit, etc) and ship them off. I didn't trust the local car body repair shop lol

Associate
OP
I did the poor mans power coat in my project....Vinyl lol.

I couldn't find any local powder coat places, usually have to take the pieces of the case apart (de-revit, etc) and ship them off. I didn't trust the local car body repair shop lol

yeah if i do that ill de-revit it myself and replace with nuts 'n' bolts. Send it down in bits...

or maybe just take my airbrush to it

Associate
Two Things to change one is that its the Noctua NH-L9i CPU Cooler as the Noctua NH-L9a is for amd only motherboards and you can get the NH-L9i for £36.95 on overclockers uk

also i would recommend the Silverstone SST-ST65F-PT 650W as it's a 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply and is also 20mm shorter

great build and can't wait to see it finshed

Soldato
Gonna be interesting, although if you're not using a K series CPU then you could probably save a few quid by not getting a Z170 motherboard. The Asus B150 Gaming Aura looks pretty sweet and is about £90.

Also, you need the NH-L9i cooler as that's the Intel mount. You've chosen the a which is AMD mount.

Associate
OP
Sadly this is on hold atm as the wifeys student funding is ending 2 months earlier than we planned so all my play money is going on "sensible" things like bills and food.

BAH!

Im still gonna get this done however!!!!

Back
Top Bottom