MSI G70 vs G72

Associate
Having looked around I settled on one of these, the G72 is on OCUK

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/msi-...a-gtx-970m-6gb-gddr5-gaming-la-lt-220-ms.html

And I found a G70S 6QE somewhere else for £50 cheaper. Is there any major difference, should I go for one over the other? If the G72 is slightly better I'd always go for OCUK over anywhere else (why change after over 10 years!!) but if the G70 is better I would change.

Any advice?

Associate
The GS series are slim notebooks (and a have some noticable fan noise when gaming), the GT series has better cooling and quieter fans. If you can wait a few weeks pascal based laptops should be available, then you have the choice of a GS73 or a GT73 with better graphics.

Associate
OP
I am guessing that as the suggest US price is around $2500 for the GT73 we will be looking at cicra £1700 over here? If so, bit out of my price range so may go with the GT here on OCUK as weight isnt and issue and would prefer better cooling and noise.

Man of Honour
I had a GT72 and they are very impressive indeed. As has been mentioned above the two models are completely different and suit different purposes. But if you want a quiet beast of a laptop then it has to be the 72, or equivalent. Also, for what it's worth, when I had my 72 I had a few teething issues and these were addressed with bug fixes. If you do purchase one you know you'll get an exceptional machine that has had plenty of time to mature.

Associate
OP
Well the GT72S has just gone out of stock, have sent a webnote asking when they expect them back but is there an equivalent here on OCUK at a similar pricepoint?

Back
Top Bottom