Which Hawksmoor?

Soldato
I'd take either, depends on my mood, like steak cut.

Goodmans for me (I've only done City, but imagine it's the same for all) is where I'd be more dressed, smarter, bit extra on the wine... finish with an old fashioned.

Hawksmoor is a lot more... laid back? Smash some cocktails out, massively long lunches.

Maybe that's just me.

Soldato
I've been to Knightsbridge. It was good in the evening as I could park my car pretty much outside. Food was the usual Hawksmoor standard; highly recommend the Tomahawk!! You just have to battle down the pavement with all the Arab men who think they own Knightsbridge, and that's if you don't choke to death on the Arab womens perfume.

Man of Honour
I'd take either, depends on my mood, like steak cut.

Goodmans for me (I've only done City, but imagine it's the same for all) is where I'd be more dressed, smarter, bit extra on the wine... finish with an old fashioned.

Hawksmoor is a lot more... laid back? Smash some cocktails out, massively long lunches.

Maybe that's just me.

Funnily enough I found Goodmans to be more casual! :o

Actually, they're both really good, and if you're willing to enjoy it, take your time, and soak up the atmosphere they both offer a fantastic dining experience.

Soldato
I've been to Seven Dials once and Air Street twice. Would definitely say I prefer Seven Dials, but depends what you like. Seven Dials is underground and felt nice and classy, Air Street is a storey up on Regent's St (I believe) and has a bit more of an American feel to me.

I've had the Ribeye medium rare every time, it's so good I can't get anything else.
Last time I went I had a glass of this for pudding, definitely try it if you enjoy a whisky.

Soldato
The Knightsbridge branch is absolutely fine, nothing stand outs out over the others that I've been to (Guildhall, Air Street, Seven Dials & Spitalfields).

For no particular reason I prefer the Spitalfields branch. Maybe it's because that's the first one I went to.

Associate
Agreed, Knightsbridge is 'ok' but always preferred it at Seven Dials and Spitalfields. Either way you will have a great meal, the Tamworth belly ribs are lush!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Air Street is more traditional Seven Dials is quite pubby and noisy. I prefer Air Street.

Haven't been to any others.

Went to Seven Dials about a year ago and would not rate it. Service was not great and the steak was so so. Certainly not worth the price IMO.

I assume we must have just had an off day but it taints the place, especially as we had heard good things about it.

Back
Top Bottom