Please spec me a laptop sub £400

Soldato
Please spec me a laptop sub £600

Hello experts, I just want a lightweight, fast stable laptop for day to day browsing, downloading, streaming and to do a bit of work on using spreadsheets/documents if its can play the odd game fantastic but im not a PC Gamer so not necessary.

thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm in the process of upgrading my laptop and trying to decide on a new one. One thing I learnt from my old laptop is that an SSD is ESSENTIAL! They feel so slow without one that they are almost unusable. So make sure you factor that into your budget.

Soldato
OP
I'm in the process of upgrading my laptop and trying to decide on a new one. One thing I learnt from my old laptop is that an SSD is ESSENTIAL! They feel so slow without one that they are almost unusable. So make sure you factor that into your budget.

Thanks I'll look I'll stretch to £600 for the right one

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think you need to spend much.

For my work I got a Dell Latitude 3340 with an i5 4210 and its great for everyday stuff. Its not fancy but performs very well.

I got it for £150 refurbed and put a cheap SSD in and it really does work well. Small and light with a 180+ degree hinge it does very well.

I even played Arma 2 on it, which was a surprise (low res/settings of course).

So, point is, don't spend too much :) This cost me less than £200, light, fast and the battery lasts a working day.

Last edited:
Soldato
I consider myself a seasoned PC builder/user and extremely familiar with components, upgrading and would feel confident advising anyone on anything PC related. Yet the apparently endless laptop choices available and gazillion model derivatives that seem to change on a weekly basis utterly baffles me. I don't know how anyone keeps track. I've found myself looking around for one on a few occasions (similar price point to OP) but just get bamboozled by the myriad choice.

Back
Top Bottom